1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General OPINIONS WANTED: hold out for thunderbolt or get a certified Dinc for a year?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shocka, Feb 26, 2011.

1. shocka

shocka Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    had been considering an iphone4 but i think i am writing that off as an option. i don't care for the droid x (has been laggy each time i've used it) and can nab a certified Dinc for around a hundred bucks for a year. my concerns: crap shoot getting a certified used phone? also, would LOVE to get grandfathered into an unlimited 4g rate for 2 years. would hate to miss out on that. thoughts?

Advertisement

2. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Alpharetta, GA (ATL)
    The unlimited data plan hasn't changed. On AT&T it has and you have to get grandfather into the unlimited plan. Verizon still offers the unlimited and says that they wont change things any time soon.

That being said, the DINC is supposed to be pretty cool, you could go for it if you don't trust Verizon's statements about data plans.

3. swagner53

swagner53 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    I would wait it out. We are too close to release of the T-Bolt and the Bionic to go with anything else, especially if you live in a 4g area.

4. shocka

shocka Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    no 4g here til the end of the year.

and i am talking about getting grandfathered into unlimited 4g. lot of talk about that eventually getting tiered...

5. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    Whether it's the Thunderbolt, or the LG Revolution, there'll be some new phones that are going to drop in March. I'm holding out for a new generation of phones to upgrade.

By the time you configure and familiarize yourself with the DInc, it'll be 2 weeks and the Thunderbolt will be out. And you'll have buyer's remorse.

6. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Android Expert
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    It depends on which phone you want more. I have an Incredible and it is hands down the best phone I have ever owned. It's smooth like butter and has a very nice screen. I have the AMOLED version and like the color saturation. Others like the SLCD version which ironically is the same screen the Thunderbolt has. You won't be disapointed with the Incredible but I myself will be getting the Thunderbolt as a big upgrade to the Incredible. You can't loose either way unless the T-Bolt takes too much longer to release.

ultradroid likes this.
  7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Jr. I.T. Support Tech @ Amazon
    Plainfield, Indiana
    While I think the Incredible is a good phone I would hold out and either get this or something else.

8. pr0nstarz

pr0nstarz Member
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Soda sales person
    Largo
    yeah..just wait a little longer. I'm STILL using an OG Droid had it since release, held off on upgrading cause there hasin't been anything good lately.

9. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    I'd say wait to at least explore your options. We're hoping for the T-Bolt any minute now, and there are also others coming. The INC is a great phone, but there are better ones right around the corner.

10. stratusmonkey

stratusmonkey Member
    None

Hrm. I'm in the same boat. My wife wants an iphone. Is it were just me, I'd wait. (Actually, I'd have gotten a nexus s.) My plan is to set a firm date a couple weeks from now, and if this isn't even announced yet, then, I'll pull the trigger on a dinc. Is there any reason for you to be in a hurry?

11. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Why do you need another phone right now? If you're really hard-up for a phone, I have an old Windows phone (with stealth tethering to boot...SHHHH!!) that I'll make available for a great price. I typically get 2 megs down (in a 3G area), while not 4G speeds, it's definitely good speed out of a cell phone. Best bet is to get yourself a phone that you can pay cash for without renewing your contract (if your contract is due to expire) and just wait for the new phones to come out and get the full subsidy of getting a new contract. Even at a 1 year contract, 1 year is a long time to wait and see if Verizon decides to jack up its 4G data plan....

12. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    IT Sales, Best Buy Closing Manager
    Washington, DC
    I'd hold out for new gen, which should be this month

13. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Chicago/NW Indiana
    We will probally have better luck getting the newest generation brick phone before they release the Thunderbolt.........

14. mtarbiter

mtarbiter Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Male
    Arizona
    Despite my fears that this phone is going the way of HTC Merge (or being cancelled altogether), I would say wait for a few more weeks. If this thing is not released by the end of March, go find another phone.

15. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Not really. But a $10 1500Mah battery works wonders.

16. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    +1 to Tech Addiction's post. He took the words right out of my mouth, as I also have a Dinc. with an AMOLED screen. :)

-Mike

17. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    I just posted this on another board, so I will just copy and paste it here for you. It is in regards to how good a phone the INC is.

I own an INC and I love it. As I've stated a lot on these boards, the only reason I am drooling over the Bolt is because I'm a crack-head for gadgets and my wife was looking into getting the INC because she liked mine so much. I told her she could have mine and I would take her upgrade. Since she's not a geek, she thinks it is a fantastic deal, because I have to use my spending money (when you're old you just name things differently...it isn't an allowance anymore, it is called "spending money") and she gets a phone that is practically brand new, because I treat my stuff like gold. So, back to my point, the INC is a great phone, no doubt. I purchased an external charger and an additional battery from SEIDIO and while I'm using one battery I charge the other. Then after work I swap it out and charge the other one up for morning. This way, my phone is never being charged, just the batteries and I NEVER have to worry about juice. If you can't wait, go with the INC; you'll love it.

18. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Once the TB comes out, the price of the Dinc will go "Shrinky Dinc".....

19. atrain311

atrain311 Android Expert
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    Well played.