• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

vibrant!!!

Lurker
Apr 24, 2011
awww, cmon! 25 views in several hours and NOBODY has an opinion on whether rooting a vibrant is better than not rooting it? i just curious as to whether somebody who is NOT tech savvy at all would benefit from a root. is it worth rooting my phone just to get better apps and a faster running phone? please, just lookin for some educated opinions:)

That depends on what you are intending to do with it. If you are just leaving it stock then I would just say not to bother. But I will say this, if you are not savvy right now, get savvy. It is easy to brick your phone with this stuff and if it happens because you have not read all of the directions or made sure to check all of the available resources for as much info as possible, then folks tend not to have any pity. But we do try to help the people here out as much as we can.
In the end you best bet will be to have an end goal in mind for your phone. Whether it is better performance or better battery life or more reliable performance, you can find a lot of options for your device. You just have to know what you are going for.
I will say though, that a stock Vibrant is a crippled Vibrant and has virtually no Performance, Reliability or battery life. I will never go back to stock again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones