• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey Everyone,

I have had my EVO LTE for about 6 months now and from the beginning I noticed that my Bluetooth stereo audio crackled and my camera has focusing issues (prior to rooting). I have contacted HTC and Sprint about the issue but because I had rooted my phone within 2 days of getting it I haven't brought myself to exchange or return the phone (I kept hoping that it was a software bug and would be fixed). Now after pairing my bluetooth with my girlfriends phone (same model and root), I can see it has to be hardware, so what are my options at this point?

If I try to get an exchange are there any Hboots that you can't root?

Thanks Chris.

Chris, I think all of the Hboots are unlockable at this point.

If you have insurance you could try for a replacement. I did read that for ones without insurance, you would have to pay $50 instead of the $35 it used to be.

It's worth a shot factory resetting the device and finding out at the store I would think.

Or just to find out you could probably run the Hboot customiser and take it to a Sprint store with a stock Rom on it to see what they say.

Naters

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones