• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OPO not detected when connected to Laptop while charging works fine

arifathar5

Sep 5, 2014
Hello Guys,
OPO is not getting recognized when connected to a Laptop via USB Cable but it gets charged when connected to Laptop. USB got detected when I plugged it in for the first time and there after, this issue is seen. Charging of the Phone works fine when connected to a plug or Laptop via USB cable. I would be very grateful if someone could assist Me in resolving this issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Aarif.

Hello Guys,
OPO is not getting recognized when connected to a Laptop via USB Cable but it gets charged when connected to Laptop. USB got detected when I plugged it in for the first time and there after, this issue is seen. Charging of the Phone works fine when connected to a plug or Laptop via USB cable. I would be very grateful if someone could assist Me in resolving this issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Aarif.
WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS arifathar5 ! :party:

When you connect your phone to your laptop,look in the pull-down notifications on your phone.

It should say Connected as a Media Device or something similar.
If not,tap on the notification to change it to reading as a media device.

When doing this for the 1st time w/a new phone,you may have to allow for drivers to install (this is usually an automatic function).
Give it a few minutes & you should see your phone on your PC:

Then,you should get a window pop-up on your laptop showing your device.

Click on your device on your laptop & you should see the files that are on your phone.

Please keep us posted on your progress & once again,WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS ! :)

Upvote 0
WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS arifathar5 ! :party:

When you connect your phone to your laptop,look in the pull-down notifications on your phone.

It should say Connected as a Media Device or something similar.
If not,tap on the notification to change it to reading as a media device.

When doing this for the 1st time w/a new phone,you may have to allow for drivers to install (this is usually an automatic function).
Give it a few minutes & you should see your phone on your PC:

Then,you should get a window pop-up on your laptop showing your device.

Click on your device on your laptop & you should see the files that are on your phone.

Please keep us posted on your progress & once again,WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS ! :)

Thanks a Tonne for your Greetings Kolio, its My Pleasure to be here.
No notification is seen in the pull-down notifications after connecting OPO to Laptop via USB Cable. Kindly update any other steps you have to solve this issue. Thanks

Upvote 0
My apologies.
It sounds like USB De-bugging isn't enabled.

To find that option,you'll need to do two things:

Go to SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE > BUILD NUMBER

Once you've found Build Number,rapidly tap on it 7 times.
This will open up the DEVELOPER OPTIONS Menu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcefbI0Y-rM

Once you've done that,go into the DEVELOPER OPTIONS menu & select USB De-Bugging.

Now,you should be able to proceed to hook up to your PC & see your files as described in the previous posts.

Again,please keep us posted on your results. :)

Upvote 0
My apologies.
It sounds like USB De-bugging isn't enabled.

To find that option,you'll need to do two things:

Go to SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE > BUILD NUMBER

Once you've found Build Number,rapidly tap on it 7 times.
This will open up the DEVELOPER OPTIONS Menu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcefbI0Y-rM

Once you've done that,go into the DEVELOPER OPTIONS menu & select USB De-Bugging.

Now,you should be able to proceed to hook up to your PC & see your files as described in the previous posts.

Again,please keep us posted on your results. :)

Thanks for your reply Kolio. It seems Windows is not able to find driver software for OnePlus One. I have attached Screenshots. Kindly assist in getting the corresponding drivers installed so that I can use OPO on My Laptop. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,826
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,264
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply Kolio. It seems Windows is not able to find driver software for OnePlus One. I have attached Screenshots. Kindly assist in getting the corresponding drivers installed so that I can use OPO on My Laptop. Thanks.

This Should work:

https://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Again,please keep us posted on your results.

I'll be getting my 1+1 back tomorrow,so,if you're still having issues,I'll be better-abled to assist you.

Upvote 0
This Should work:

https://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Again,please keep us posted on your results.

I'll be getting my 1+1 back tomorrow,so,if you're still having issues,I'll be better-abled to assist you.

Hey Bro,
Hope you have received your OnePLus One. I have successfully configured
ADB on My computer for OnePlus One. Still I am not seeing the option of copying files between My OPO and My Laptop. Kindly check it from your end and Update Me. Thanks.

Upvote 0
i'll have to check that out and see if i have that issue in chrome.

i use dolphin browser.

Off-Topic
-------------
By the way guys, did you check this?
I have successfully configured ADB on My computer for OnePlus One. Still I am not seeing the option of copying files between My OPO and My Laptop. OPO is getting charged and I am getting only one notification - 'USB Debugging Connected'.Kindly check it from your end and Update Me. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Just got the 1+1 back,plugged-in to my desktop PC & had no problems seeing the files on my desktop.

I followed the exact steps that I listed in the previous posts,so,I'm sad to say,I'm stumped at the moment as to why you're not seeing your phone on your laptop.

Hopefully,someone else will chime in w/some other suggestions.

Upvote 0
Off-Topic
-------------
By the way guys, did you check this?
I have successfully configured ADB on My computer for OnePlus One. Still I am not seeing the option of copying files between My OPO and My Laptop. OPO is getting charged and I am getting only one notification - 'USB Debugging Connected'.Kindly check it from your end and Update Me. Thanks.

have you tried turning off USB debugging to see if that helps?

NVM, i saw your other thread where you turned USB debugging on to try to fix the issue.

Upvote 0
have you tried turning off USB debugging to see if that helps?

NVM, i saw your other thread where you turned USB debugging on to try to fix the issue.

Thanks for the reply Bro. Got it fixed - had to navigate to 'Settings --> Storage', tap on 'three dots' on the top right, enable 'USB Computer Connection' and select 'MTP' or 'Camera' as the transfer mode. :)

Reactions: THE W
Upvote 0
Just got the 1+1 back,plugged-in to my desktop PC & had no problems seeing the files on my desktop.

I followed the exact steps that I listed in the previous posts,so,I'm sad to say,I'm stumped at the moment as to why you're not seeing your phone on your laptop.

Hopefully,someone else will chime in w/some other suggestions.

Thanks for the reply Bro. Got it fixed - had to navigate to 'Settings --> Storage', tap on 'three dots' on the top right, enable 'USB Computer Connection' and select 'MTP' or 'Camera' as the transfer mode. :)

Reactions: Viffy
Upvote 0
AF, I moved your post from the other thread since it was not related to the OP, ask your questions here, and lets keep the discussion from other threads on topic to the OP thread. Post all your related questions in your thread here for proper help and support.

Trying to keep the forums clean and organized and it becomes confusing to follow at times. ;)

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem with my OPO. I connect it to my computer and it recognizes it, pop up asks what I want to do. I click open up documents in folder but the folder is empty. Its the first time I have connected the phone to my computer and I am hoping this porblem can be fixed. When I click transfer files a message pops up saying no files to transfer. Any help would be great....!

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have resolved this issue on my OPO after a few hours of researching online, including this forum.
So there are 2 (known to me) ways for Win 7 to initialise Driver Installation for New Devices.
Firstly, tick/untick the MTP checkbox. This didn't work for me.
Secondly, go to Developer Options, Android Debugging. UNTICK the checkbox, Win 7 successfully install driver! VOILA.

Cheers and Best.
~newly registrant.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones