• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OPPO FIND X PROBLEM

zoeeesoong

Lurker
Nov 18, 2019
Recently after updating my oppo find x's system to Colour OS6, the battery depletes very fast and even though I am using the original charger, the charging symbol turns yellow BUT it is not charging fast. I tried, it only charged 10% after half an hour.

Is anyone else having the same problem??

The battery fast depleting issue started immediately after the update, but the charging problem started about 2 weeks after the update

I have only 1 original charger set so I've been using that. What i dont understand is that the quick charging sign is visible when I'm charging which means that it IS actually fast charging. But I'm not sure why the phone battery does not cooperate with it

If i use another normal charger then the charging speed will be normal and not fast. I'm just wondering why the sudden problem

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with your device--how old is it? Depending on its age, its battery may be dying. And this could be purely coincidental, happening at the same time of the update.

If the battery is having problems, it makes sense that charging isn't working correctly. Last year, my perfectly good, Moto X 2nd Generation's battery started acting like yours. Until it died. :eek: I bought a replacement battery and kit, only to decide it wasn't worth the hassle--I bought a new phone. Non-removable batteries suck! I still use that phone [on Wi-Fi] but if I unplug it even for a second, it dies, because its battery holds no charge at all.

Sorry for veering off... How old is your phone?

Upvote 0
No worries thanks for your replies!
I've only been using it for a year though which is so weird that the battery may be the problem. I was thinking about this possibility too.

But I dont think Oppo find x's battery can be replaced though?? SO SAD!! I really hope its not the battery problem.
Maybe I'll bring it to the shop but I'm not sure if they can check??
Google suggested factory reset (to see if its really the problem with the update) but I'm reluctant

Upvote 0
Oppo phones and Oppo chargers use a proprietary fast charging method they call "VOOC", and any other chargers will only charge Oppo phones at normal or slower rates.

No worries thanks for your replies!
I've only been using it for a year though which is so weird that the battery may be the problem. I was thinking about this possibility too.

But I dont think Oppo find x's battery can be replaced though?? SO SAD!! I really hope its not the battery problem.
Maybe I'll bring it to the shop but I'm not sure if they can check??
Google suggested factory reset (to see if its really the problem with the update) but I'm reluctant

I think it's worth trying a reset, in-case it is the Color OS update just made something go funky in the software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones