• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oprah Show

A couple of reasons. Sprint is apparently a sponsor of the show, and on their "All Together Now" site a few days ago, they had a virtual card you could sign wishing Oprah a fond goodbye. Because we're all vainly looking for even the smallest reason for there to be a release, people attached some hope to this. Big event with her leaving the air, so maybe Sprint would deem it worth of this.

There really doesn't appear to be that big of a chance, but meh, you never know.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, how did this inferred link between Oprah and the Evo3D Official Release date announcement come to be? I don't see how her show is the time Sprint has been waiting for to stop dragging their feet in the mud and finally announce an official release date...

Im guessing during commercials cuz they know alot of people will be watching so Sprint figures that is a perfect time during her last show to promote their newest flagship phone or if Sprint forgot about the phone which Im thinking isnt out of the question ha

Upvote 0
A couple of reasons. Sprint is apparently a sponsor of the show, and on their "All Together Now" site a few days ago, they had a virtual card you could sign wishing Oprah a fond goodbye. Because we're all vainly looking for even the smallest reason for there to be a release, people attached some hope to this. Big event with her leaving the air, so maybe Sprint would deem it worth of this.

There really doesn't appear to be that big of a chance, but meh, you never know.

That makes sense, thanks. I guess I didn't understand how people were putting faith into the fact that we'd be getting the release date via Oprah's show. But it makes sense that as ppl are desperate for any info about when this will be released, then the association between Sprint and Oprah would lead to speculation she would unveil the release date.

Hopefully we find out soon, I HATE my TP2 lol.

Reactions: Jackietreehorn
Upvote 0
You and me both bobby, you and me both. I've been waiting to upgrade mine since my upgrade was up last August.

Just last night it's taken to not powering back up the screen when I hit the power button. If I pull the battery, it boots up fine, I can usually shut off the screen once and back on, and that's it, or I can turn it on one time after I get an email, text, or call (anything that gives a notification). Looks like a hard reset is in order...again.

Upvote 0
You and me both bobby, you and me both. I've been waiting to upgrade mine since my upgrade was up last August.

Just last night it's taken to not powering back up the screen when I hit the power button. If I pull the battery, it boots up fine, I can usually shut off the screen once and back on, and that's it, or I can turn it on one time after I get an email, text, or call (anything that gives a notification). Looks like a hard reset is in order...again.

Funny thing is I had to use my upgrade before 4/1, so I used it in early March to get the Evo 4G. I LOVED the phone, but near the 30 day point I found out about the Evo 3D. So I returned the original and went back to my TP2. I figured I can wait another few months to get the newest device for basically the same price as I paid for my Evo, and then I wouldn't have the regret of not having the most up to date device. I've had to do a couple of hard resets on my TP2 as well, and it's just so obsenely slow it's hard to stand.

By the way, I just noticed your screen name appears to come from the Big Lebowski, Jackie Treehorn. "You ever poke sh*t in the woods Jackie?" Good stuff lol :D

Reactions: Jackietreehorn
Upvote 0
That makes sense, thanks. I guess I didn't understand how people were putting faith into the fact that we'd be getting the release date via Oprah's show. But it makes sense that as ppl are desperate for any info about when this will be released, then the association between Sprint and Oprah would lead to speculation she would unveil the release date.

Hopefully we find out soon, I HATE my TP2 lol.

She also showed and talked about the EVO 4G last year before it was released

Upvote 0
She also showed and talked about the EVO 4G last year before it was released

Yeah, forgot about that. I couldn't remember if she gave them away or what, but that sounds more familiar.

By the way, I just noticed your screen name appears to come from the Big Lebowski, Jackie Treehorn. "You ever poke sh*t in the woods Jackie?" Good stuff lol :D

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women...man. :D Always awesome when someone recognizes it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, forgot about that. I couldn't remember if she gave them away or what, but that sounds more familiar.

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women...man. :D Always awesome when someone recognizes it.

Except you dropped an R.

But... while I was digging through forums researching bootloader stuff, I may have run into one of your posts in another forum, where you had spelled it right.

-ahem- back on topic.... anyone watching the show? any revelations?

Reactions: SC300ES
Upvote 0
Except you dropped an R.

But... while I was digging through forums researching bootloader stuff, I may have run into one of your posts in another forum, where you had spelled it right.

-ahem- back on topic.... anyone watching the show? any revelations?

Ha, yeah, erm, :eek:.

I actually didn't notice it for a while after I registered, and my keyboard is...well, cheap and old, and it drops R's a lot. I've been meaning to get around to seeing if I can get it changed, but just haven't. I guess I'm lazy? Anyway, wasn't interested in signing back up under a new name and losing my posting history. Maybe I'll see if there's a way to change it tonight. :thinking: And yeah, you've probably seen in in another place or two, spelled correctly. This seems to be the only place that I didn't at all proofread.

ON TOPIC: I had it on in the background for the last hour, not a single thing mentioned.

Upvote 0
If I dont at least get a release date in the next couple days then my mad money is going toward a new outboard motor for my fishing boat and I will just keep my evo which I love anyway! I have gotten way to wrapped up in this evo 3d anticipation. Im done checking the net every spare second for news of a release date. The 3d would be a cool upgrade but my 4g does everything I need and then some! Sprint better hurry before others follow suit.

Upvote 0
I've been meaning to get around to seeing if I can get it changed, but just haven't. I guess I'm lazy? Anyway, wasn't interested in signing back up under a new name and losing my posting history. Maybe I'll see if there's a way to change it tonight.

looks like some mod worked some magic?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones