• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Opt v .config

I am a dev for the opt m and need some help. Can someone adb pull /proc/config.gz please? Oc kernel would be nice.

Here you go, this is from an original Optimus V running BACKside-IHO

If you are interested, you might try contacting Blarfiejandro at XDA, his InferiorHumanOrgans repo is being prepared for all versions of the Optimus phone line.

Attachments

• config.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
BTW- I work with the InferiorHumanOrgans dev team, and BobZhome just posted a port for the Optimus M that you might like to check out! ;)

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

Yeah I checked out. Already pulled the repo down. I've fixed alot if issues in my own build. Gotta learn the whole github thing so i can submit my changes. Only thing that doesn't work are the screen on off animations so in investigating the kernel. Thank you so much for your help!

Upvote 0
Git is a PITA! I do all my changes locally, and when I'm satisfied, I'll do a fresh fork of the repo, make my changes manually, then submit pull request to upstream.

If you take the time, you can learn to do it all via terminal, but I'm always afraid I'm going to bork something, so I stick with manual commits via Github web interface. ;)

Upvote 0
Git is a PITA! I do all my changes locally, and when I'm satisfied, I'll do a fresh fork of the repo, make my changes manually, then submit pull request to upstream.

If you take the time, you can learn to do it all via terminal, but I'm always afraid I'm going to bork something, so I stick with manual commits via Github web interface. ;)

Yeah man I have always worked on stuff locally so it's all kind of new to me. I am pretty sloppy when it comes to organization too. I make changes, if they work i forget what the hell i did last. I'll get with the times though :) Hey in that build you gave me the .config for do the screen on and off animations work with cm7? I am really leaning to its malfunctioning being a kernel issue and i heard they work on the opt v so i figured i would see whats different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones