1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus Does Not Hold Up Well To Being Run Over

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vcanfield, May 16, 2011.

1. vcanfield

vcanfield Lurker

It's a given that when you run over an Optimus V with a car, in my case several cars, it does not hold up well. I have to laugh because if I don't I'll cry. I left my phone on top of my car while cleaning it out and then I took off, forgetting to get the phone (dumb, dumb, dumb!). I saw it fly off the car from the back. I stopped long enough to watch 5-6 cars run right over it.:eek: I swear they were aiming for the phone.

Now the darn thing is $50 more than I paid for it the first time. I'm so bummed.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tater_salad

tater_salad Member

That sucks time to get a geeky belt clip and glue it to your skin

3. kcobra

kcobra Lurker

Come on. You can't make a post like this without showing us some pics of the carnage! :)

4. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

5. Kilo70

Kilo70 Member

Pics Pics Pics !!!!

Sorry bro..tough luck . :)

6. syav

syav Well-Known Member

Ouch!! That must've been a freakin' nightmare!

Yup those cars either aiming for your phone or trying to grab and maybe steal it but their cars went too fast! [/joke]

7. raynoldsk

raynoldsk Android Enthusiast

Ah, man! I am sorry:(

8. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

McNerdius likes this.
  9. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

10. syav

syav Well-Known Member

11. raynoldsk

raynoldsk Android Enthusiast

12. mewikime

mewikime Newbie

You might be able to get the Indians to send you a replacement phone. Our son threw my wife's phone out of the shopping cart on Monday right onto a metal shelf at the store, smashing the screen and dinging it up. On the website after login there's a page that says something like "Lost or broke your phone? We'll suspend your service and offer you a deal on a replacement"; however, when we called CS they had no idea what we were talking about. They would "suspend" our service, which I would think meant that we wouldn't lose the money already on there, but no, it just means we won't lose our phone number if we don't top up for 90 days, our balance will still disappear at the end of our cycle.

They did offer to just send us a new phone though, no cost. We kept telling them repeatedly that it wasn't a warranty defect, we broke it, and they didn't seem to understand. They KNEW it was broken, they KNEW it was thrown, they KNEW the screen was busted, they just didn't think the warranty excluded that. They said "as long as you can hold the phone in one hand and it's in one piece, it's okay". We pressed again that it's our fault, but they insisted on sending a new phone. Well we didn't want to get the new phone here, mail in our old one and then have them turn around and say we needed to pay for a replacement when they see the condition, and then charge $199 to our account so we hung up.

We called back and got a second person, went through the whole speech again, and was told the same thing. We can suspend our account but we'll still lose our minutes, they'll send us a free replacement. So whatever, we're going to let them. You should try contacting CS.

13. c0mp1337n00b

c0mp1337n00b Lurker

14. mewikime

mewikime Newbie

If that doesn't work out, my wife just reminded me that we have a raincheck at Best Buy for an Optimus V for $129.99.. PM me and we can try to work something out such as me putting it on Ebay or we give you our phone # to pull up the raincheck. We don't need a 3rd phone so whatever

15. Thorsten

Thorsten Android Enthusiast

Good for you. Had you purchased the

16. mewikime

mewikime Newbie

We did when we purchased the phones but then we cancelled it in either March or April because we were having trouble finding $30 top up cards and didn't want to purchase a $25 and a $10 card for each phone.

I really don't know why they want to send us a new (or at least refurbished) phone when we told two CS advisors repeatedly that we weren't expecting a free phone because it's not warranty damage, but they're insisting! :p

17. rwinvt

rwinvt Member

The next time somebody destroys their phone ( or even if someone else destroys it for you), try to save some screen fragments to send out for independent analysis.

Then we can finally solve the contoversy over whether the Optimus V screen is plastic, tempered glass, or some new technology LG received from space aliens.

18. alisonc

alisonc Member

Oh God thats even better than 27bslash6. :D:D:D

OP: Yowch. I hope you can get a replacement free.... if that happened to my phone I wouldn't even have another phone to call VMU with to talk to them and see if I could get a replacemet.

19. FuzyBaffy

FuzyBaffy Newbie

I am extremely careful with my electronics they all look brand new years after I have owned them.

I had my Optimus V on my bed and I flinged my heavy belt and the buckle made a noticeable indentation on the screen or at least the outside capacitive layer. So outside screen is plastic. I kinda smoothed out the divot after awhile but it's still there, I can't really see it unless I look thankfully.

Not sure if this is what you mean by screen. My Droid's screen is immaculate it has Gorilla glass listed. The metal sides have some weathering on the paint. On the other hand the gorilla glass is immaculate. Not even a hint of a scratch if you look at it at an angle. I had it in my front pocket, nothing EVER in the pocket with the phone. Really is worth it if you see it listed as feature.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews