1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus elite for VM powers off while charging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skullzy, Aug 16, 2012.

1. skullzy

skullzy Lurker

Hi, lately my phone will power off when I'm trying to use it while charging it on a low battery. It'll still be charging but the "power off" thing shows and won't go away and eventually turns off. It does this no matter what power outlet I'm using. If I leave it off so only the charging battery shows it will charge.
    Any suggestions? :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

If the battery is extremely low it could just be powering off due to low battery. If the AC adapter isn't supplying enough juice to charge it while also powering it since you are using it, it could be causing the phone to still draw battery.

Are you using the adapter that came with the phone? It should have enough power to charge and allow usage. If you want you could try finding another charger that supplies more current. I think the one that comes with it supplies .7 amps and the one I use for mine supplies 1 amp. The higher the amps the more capable the charger is to charge battery while you are using the phone

3. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

I use the stock charger and while the battery is in the red and use the phone without issue. I think I did this one time even after the phone powered itself down due to low battery.

4. Artine

Artine Android Expert

Adding to this, .7 is enough to keep the phone awake usually and provide a little extra charge, versus 1 which charges it from zero to 100 in 2 hours. At least that's the case for me. So it could be that the adapter that came with yours, skullzy, is providing insufficient charge to keep the phone alive and charge it at the same time.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews