• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus elite for VM powers off while charging?

skullzy

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
Hi, lately my phone will power off when I'm trying to use it while charging it on a low battery. It'll still be charging but the "power off" thing shows and won't go away and eventually turns off. It does this no matter what power outlet I'm using. If I leave it off so only the charging battery shows it will charge.
Any suggestions? :thinking:

Hi, lately my phone will power off when I'm trying to use it while charging it on a low battery. It'll still be charging but the "power off" thing shows and won't go away and eventually turns off. It does this no matter what power outlet I'm using. If I leave it off so only the charging battery shows it will charge.
Any suggestions? :thinking:

If the battery is extremely low it could just be powering off due to low battery. If the AC adapter isn't supplying enough juice to charge it while also powering it since you are using it, it could be causing the phone to still draw battery.

Are you using the adapter that came with the phone? It should have enough power to charge and allow usage. If you want you could try finding another charger that supplies more current. I think the one that comes with it supplies .7 amps and the one I use for mine supplies 1 amp. The higher the amps the more capable the charger is to charge battery while you are using the phone

Upvote 0
If the battery is extremely low it could just be powering off due to low battery. If the AC adapter isn't supplying enough juice to charge it while also powering it since you are using it, it could be causing the phone to still draw battery.

Are you using the adapter that came with the phone? It should have enough power to charge and allow usage. If you want you could try finding another charger that supplies more current. I think the one that comes with it supplies .7 amps and the one I use for mine supplies 1 amp. The higher the amps the more capable the charger is to charge battery while you are using the phone

Adding to this, .7 is enough to keep the phone awake usually and provide a little extra charge, versus 1 which charges it from zero to 100 in 2 hours. At least that's the case for me. So it could be that the adapter that came with yours, skullzy, is providing insufficient charge to keep the phone alive and charge it at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones