• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus F3 - Does Factory Reset on every bootup

Rob22445566

Dec 21, 2011
Problem: Optimus F3 was working fine. Updated to V8 months ago. Then last week, it rebooted and did full Factory Reset. And now every time it boots it does a Factory Reset.

Also it says internal storage is low. It's showing a total of 128MB. What?

Tried re-flashing firmware with BoardDiag 3.99c. Won't complete the flash.
I did it successfully about 3 months ago and it had been working perfect every since until this last week.

I've seen other people post the same problem but not answers.

Anyone else have this issue and know a fix?
Thanks,
Rob

Yes, it was rooted. But here's my question to the forum.

I've noticed several reports on this forum of people reporting similar Optimus F3 behavior - low storage - 128MB. And always doing a factory reset on boot up.

There's a phenomenon on Samsung phones called the EMMC Brick bug.
Has anyone else looked into this on Optimus F3's? I'm wondering if there's a commonality to causing our phones to be "bricked" this way and no ones fully figured it out yet.

Any thoughts,
Thanks,
Rob

BoardDiag FAIL.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got a $9 FreedomPop F3 last week, and after flashing V8, I had this problem too. Unfortunately I don't remember how I fixed it, but I know it had something to do with mounts or MTP in TWRP. Basically, I noticed this. If in TWRP, it showed 0 MB for internal storage, it would reset upon boot. If it shows the true internal storage space, then you're fine.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm starting to think that V8 update is the problem. Actually, after reading some other forums talking about the eMMC Brickbug and how the TRIM command triggers it, I remembering that all my problems started after installing V8 and then running the TRIM app. I know that I'd run TRIM in the past while running V5-V6 and not had a problem.

Anybody else experience this?
Rob

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones