1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus F6 or the F3?!

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Trevor Philips, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Trevor Philips

Trevor Philips Android Enthusiast

Which is better?! I know i can google it but i want to hear from the people who have used and experienced the phones... i'd like to know about battery life, multi tasking and performance
    thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dportal2006

dportal2006 Android Enthusiast

The F6 has a bigger screen. Half an inch bigger. It is about $50 more expensive but not too sure about that. The F3 has a smaller screen but a bigger battery than the F6. The F3 battery life is simply fantastic. It rivals those of the Note 3 and the LG G2. The F6 battery life is just average. Not bad but not great. As far as performance they are about the same. Same CPU and same ram. Both offer pretty good performance when you consider they are budget phones. Both handle multitasking pretty well. I spend more time with the F3 personally and it is a fantastic little phone for the price. Highly recommend it.

3. Trevor Philips

I guess i have to decide, longer Battery or $50 with bigger screen..

4. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

or got compromise and grab a moto g

5. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I was thinking about getting the F6 but when the Moto G came out, well, that is what I got now. But keep in mind, the Moto G doesn't offer LTE and doesn't have an SD Card slot.

6. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast

I have the F3 and i can say that the battery life is great. I get around 4-5hrs on heavy usage and a standby time of 86+hrs.. I usually charge it 2-3x a week compared to my old LG Connect, which i had to charge every day...

About the F6 the size might be better but that would bring down the battery usage..

7. According to the specs they both have the same 2460mah battery, although the F6 is rated for a shorter runtime. This may be due to the larger display since just about everything else looks identical.

8. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Android Enthusiast

I hate that blue sparkly crap on the back of the F6.

9. That's why cases were invented. ;)

10. JesseBanks

JesseBanks Well-Known Member

I have the F6 and its great...I rooted it and I have no complaints...the battery life is great...sometimes I charge it every 2 days...it's worth the extra 50$...good luck

11. Donte559

Donte559 Member

I have had both. I only got the f6 for a larger screen otherwise identical phone including battery life in my opinion. Mines is rooted with all bloat removed and 14 gigs of internal memory.

12. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

The F6 is pretty solid, but the main complaint I have heard about all 3 is lack of memory

13. Trevor Philips

quick fix, root then use the guide for replacing the memory with your sd card

14. the hulk

for someone like us, sure, but the average user doesn't want to mess with all that

15. Donte559

Donte559 Member

I'm an average user and had no issues rooting and doing the memory mod lol. Your can read and follow instructions you will be OK. No special ops teams required

16. the hulk

lemme rephrase, my customers are to lazy lol