• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus F7 Microphone

I sent the F7 in to be repaired,
Its a 3-5 BUSINESS day wait once they get the phone for it to be back in your hands.
Well when i picked it up at a local UPS store the phone was busted, giant spider crack.
The LG repair shop sends phones back in boxes no thicker than a cereal box, they remove screen protectors and replace them with thin film only covering 50% of the screen.
The repair facility found no defects, but seemed to install a slightly different ROM (yeah i powered it up for curiosity sake). The boot animation was different.
I immediately called the 1-800 number at the repair place, they emailed me a prepaid label, next day i mailed the phone back.
But again I had to wait 3-5 business days after the phone was 2-day mailed to them.
Got it the second time in a similar box but i guess i got lucky it wasn't busted.
took almost 3 weeks to get my "error free" phone fixed.
big bonus, I don't have a microphone problem anymore.
wish i could have been more helpful

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issues. I have noticed that when I put the phone on speaker they hear me as normal on the other end, I think it had to be software related.

With the LG optimus ive noticed when i tool others and mine apart there is a cushion for the microphone that has to be put on just right or you will sound muffled i have to get another phone and adjust it accordingly its a very difficult thing to get just right it sucks but try this if your not afraid of taking apart your phone and messing with it if you want you can get ahold of me via facebook at joe potthoff:) hope i could help
:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones