1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus Fuel, Stuck on LG boot screen.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Bananas100, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Bananas100

Bananas100 Lurker

I need help, my LG Optimus Fuel (tracfone) will not go past [​IMG] this screen, i have tried taking out the SD card and the battery to restart it multiple times and then home+volume up+power. Nothing is working, is there anything I can do to make it start?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by androidmachine, Jan 16, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

I have this phone, but I have not had this problem. Needless to say, this is not a good sign. What happened?

It looks like you are going to have to install a recovery and flash a new ROM which will probably be the stock ROM since I haven't seen any custom ROMs developed for the Fuel. I haven't done this with my phone so I really can't help you do it. However, there is a discussion of the Fuel on http://androidarea51.com/. Do a search on the LG Optimus Fuel or LG L34C. There are people there who have been in your position and recovered. You might also want to check out the XDA developers site, but the most work I've seen done on the Fuel has been posted on androidarea51.

4. Bananas100

Bananas100 Lurker

Do you know what this problem could be classified as? Im pretty sure is isnt a bootloop since it does not restart and just continues.
    Thanks so much for your help!

5. androidmachine

What you want to search on is "Optimus Fuel" and "recovery". You want to get a working recovery so that you can correct the problem. I suggest you post your question there because maybe they have some other ideas and you don't need to reflash, but it looks like you are stuck. I know for a fact they have a thread there where all this is discussed.

Not sure I'd classify it as a boot loop. If it were a boot loop it would come on then turn itself off and come on again as if it is continually rebooting itself. Yours does not turn off and does not boot.

How did this happen? I would like to avoid it if I can.

6. Bananas100

Bananas100 Lurker

Im not sure how it happened I was on it and it crashed one day, I turned it off and this happened. Not completely sure if its avoidable.
    -Thanks anyway I will just return my phone to the store because its been under 90 days of my purchase

androidmachine likes this.
  7. androidmachine

Yes, if you can return the phone then I think that is the best all-around solution.

bkttk2 likes this.