• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimus L9 Leaked for MetroPCS

Ubercharrge

Android Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2012
LG Optimus L9 (MS769) leaked for MetroPCS

Looks like MetroPCS is about get a new addition to their affordable Android lineup with the upcoming LG Optimus L9 headed to the now T-Mobile-owned wireless provider. We just received these leaked press shots of the device and while there is no MetroPCS branding on the device, you will noticed the familiar MetroPCS visual voicemail application on the pictured homescreen.

The LG Optimus L9 may not pack much in terms of specs, but when it comes to low-end smartphones, you could do a whole lot worse. The L9 is identical to the T-Mobile offering (aside from Metro radios, of course), with a 4.5-inch qHD IPS display, dual-core TI OMAP 4430 processor, 5MP camera, 1GB of RAM, micro SD card slot, and removable 2,150mAh battery. Expect it an official announcement on availability and pricing in the coming weeks.

Thanks, anon!

I think this is t-mobile pushing their GSM phones now,first the cheap ones and then the more expensive ones.

Why? T-mobile has this exact same phone with the exact same specs and everything.

LG Optimus L9 now available at T-Mobile retail stores and online

LG Optimus L9 No Annual Contract | 4G Android Phone | T-Mobile

what do you think? I think this will be the first GSM phone available to metropcs. Why would they release a near-identical LG Spirit clone? :thinking::thinking:

Also, i have a strong belief this will come with JB, as t-mobiles L9 was updated to JB but was halted due to some bugs. But they might have sorted it out with this MPCS version.. :p

I got some info.....metro pcs will start selling phones with sim cards starting next month.

Slowpoke is slow lol but Metro web page is going to have serious down time 1st-2nd of June

LG Optimus L9 (MS769) leaked for MetroPCS

I think this is t-mobile pushing their GSM phones now,first the cheap ones and then the more expensive ones.

Why? T-mobile has this exact same phone with the exact same specs and everything.

LG Optimus L9 now available at T-Mobile retail stores and online

LG Optimus L9 No Annual Contract | 4G Android Phone | T-Mobile

what do you think? I think this will be the first GSM phone available to metropcs. Why would they release a near-identical LG Spirit clone? :thinking::thinking:

Also, i have a strong belief this will come with JB, as t-mobiles L9 was updated to JB but was halted due to some bugs. But they might have sorted it out with this MPCS version.. :p

Presonally I think the radio is going to be lte, this may be that lg phone rumored back with the huawei one back in March

Edit:LG MS790 is what it was this phone isn't that or is it?

Upvote 0
Yes, it says it in the article.
why wouldn't it? The whole point of the merge was so T-Mobile could use LTE from Metro since they have none.

Also expect an update on nexus 4 for lte reenabled once everything is "go time".

Because the TMobile or international models don't support lte

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
You mean to tell me LG built lte radios into all its ics phones, can someone link me to this

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2
I meant on the nexus 4.

I do not think they would put lte in all the phones as that would just be money wasted.

The only time they would have an unused lte radio(such as with the nexus 4) is when the phone is built off the specs of another phone(such as the optimus G) that has the radio part of the board and removing it would be difficult and expensive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones