• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus M Rom Install Tutorial

eljefe0000

Android Enthusiast
Jan 18, 2011
NYC
If its in any way possible for those who have already installed a custom rom on this phone to put up a tutorial on how to go about it im already rooted as most users z4 is easy enough but installing the rom there seems to be a lot of different threads on what to do or what to download and where to have it if some one could be kind enough id greatly appreciate it im sure there's plenty of others as well thanks in advance.

Reactions: ChazzMatt
once you've used recovery and installed the custom ROM, do you use Titanium Backup to restore apps/data/settings? If not, what's the best way?

ever since I tried to replace the browser.apk my phone has been acting flaky. I just want to go back to fresh 2.2, rooted of course, and restore all my apps and settings. Is that possible?

go to the threat LGNPST LAB 1.2 (better than my fix) you should have all the information there to restore your phone, as it came out of the box, remember to use the upgrade option in LGNPST when flashing, do not use the BINARY option, this will zeroed out ESN, and some other important information that you do not want to loose (trust me on that)

you should be good to go on version 2.2, then root the phone again and back to normal as before.

Upvote 0
go to the threat LGNPST LAB 1.2 (better than my fix) you should have all the information there to restore your phone, as it came out of the box, remember to use the upgrade option in LGNPST when flashing, do not use the BINARY option, this will zeroed out ESN, and some other important information that you do not want to loose (trust me on that)

you should be good to go on version 2.2, then root the phone again and back to normal as before.

Thanks for the advice.

I also want to restore any apps and settings I have now (wi-fi, email, display behavior, etc.) I have Titanium backup, but I fear that will restore the entire old ROM, which I do not want. I just want to reinstall apps (some were paid for) and re-insert settings -- if that's possible.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice.

I also want to restore any apps and settings I have now (wi-fi, email, display behavior, etc.) I have Titanium backup, but I fear that will restore the entire old ROM, which I do not want. I just want to reinstall apps (some were paid for) and re-insert settings -- if that's possible.

that i do not know, i think you can go to the market and download the apps again, if you already paid, it will recognize it, and you wont have to pay again, same thing happened to me, i did not have to pay again for root explorer, it recognized that i already paid for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones