1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Optimus M stuck in safe mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mallettesl, Jul 17, 2011.

1. mallettesl

mallettesl Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Detroit
    Thank you in advance!

My LG Optimus M in the bottom left hand corner says safe mode. It opens back to a screen that looks like its fresh out of the box.
    Is this safe mode or a factory reset? I am unable to see any of my downloaded programs.

Advertisement

2. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Self employed
    Michigan
    I had this happen with my first android (the Ascend) and instead of looking into how to fix it deeper than asking a few dead end questions I simply got it out of safemode for a period of time to sell it back to a metro store for 25 bucks and bought the optimus (from a different store of course :) ) I think this link should give you atleast a starting point on how to fix the issue of being stuck in safemode...Good luck and dont hesitate to ask more questions after reading and understanding as much as you can about what is being said in this thread.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/281900-new-way-root-through-fastboot-kinda.html

mallettesl likes this.
  3. mallettesl

mallettesl Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Detroit
    Thank you..I rooted the phone prior using Gingerbreak (TY....Blaxican25) then I held something too long. I think I reset something. The only thing still on the phone were the contacts! After many frustrating moments and some very harsh language I just added everything I could remeber back. I also added Lookout just to be safe...I learned my lesson.

Tags: