• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimus S Front Faceplate Replacement??

Hey guys, Im looking to replace my front faceplate (screen) on my optimus. It has some pretty deep gouges in it and they are beyond polishing out. I removed the current faceplate/screen looking for a part number and found one but did not find anything remotely close to it when I searched for it.

The part number is CH-110330

here are pictures of it so you can see what I'm talking about (in case I'm calling it the wrong thing)

Thank you in advance!!

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

haha. Well Ill look into it and see what I can find. I didnt know if the cell phone world would be similar with where you buy parts and cost. I just started to really get into trying to make my phone "better" and to learn more about it. I bought the part I found on ebay and went through a place in the US rather than china so we'll see how it holds up. Its easy to take these phones apart so Im too worried if I have to replace it again.

Also, dont know if you have any info on this but do you know if you can "upgrade" the camera in these phones? The one we have just has a tiny plug on a ribbon goiing to the camera and it was just glued in place. So I got to thinking it would be awesome if I could put a better camera in it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones