1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Optimus V 3G Drops

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MontyK, Mar 23, 2011.

1. MontyK

MontyK Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    I have had the Optimus V for a month now. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still having 3G drops and they are not remedied by the usual things. These remedies sometimes fix the issue but today they are *NOT* fixing the issue::

• reboot phone
    • pull battery
    • airplane mode
    • toggle network cdma / cdma auto prl
    • toggle 3g on / off
    • toggle 3g to wifi to 3g
    • etc
    I think everyone with this problem should fill out the review form on the Virgin Mobile site to explain the pain of having their 3G connection drop and not reconnect repeatedly. Until Virgin mobile fixes the issue, I won't recommend this phone or Virgin Mobile to any of my friends.

I am blogging about my pain here: http://trillionth.wordpress.com/category/optimusvsucks/

Advertisement

2. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    US
    idk, I think saving $40 a month to me for a phone that generally works fine is good to me lol, I've had numerous 3g issues as well but I just tried a fix that SEEMS to be working okay, generally my data goes down several times a day however after this fix it's been running for about a day without a single drop, though I wouldn't say it's a proven fix to me until it goes a few days without a problem...

Now generally putting my phone into airplane mode doesn't work, same with restarting, however soooo far this one seems to be working and what it does is my phone auto-reboots every night at 2am and after a reboot it goes into airplane mode for 12 seconds. This link describes why it's supposed to work-
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1707299-Potential-Fix-for-3G-Data-Problems-on-Optimus-V

The script that automatically restarts my phone does require rooting btw...

3. greg4android

greg4android Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Retail
    Middle Tennessee
    there are already TWO threads about the data drop issue.
    why not contibute your posts there, so they can be all in 1 place?

Tags: