1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus V can't place or receive calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jerrykun, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jerrykun

jerrykun Lurker

Good morning! I've got an odd issue for you.

I've been using my Optimus V unactivated for quite a while, waiting for my Verizon service to expire. Just yesterday, I performed a full factory reset (unrooted) and activated with Virgin mobile.

Without checking to verify I could place calls, I rooted and flashed Harmonia 2. I tried to place a call last night, and get a message that I need to top up because there's no money in my account.

First of all, I've paid the $35, and second, both 3G and text are working perfectly!

So, I used the security update to flash back to full stock and called customer service, who just had me reactivate the phone 3 times to no avail. They insisted that I need to wait for a text message that should have come in telling me I can make calls.

No message yet, still can't make calls. Any ideas? I just want my phone to work as a phone. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerrykun

jerrykun Lurker

Jeez, I guess I spoke too soon. I just called them again and explained the issue. This time, the rep said, "Let me make some changes on your account" and suddenly I can place calls.

I guess I just shrug and laugh.

AndyOpie150 likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews