1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus V Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Encerspay, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Encerspay

Encerspay Android Enthusiast

So, I have an Optimus V. It's rooted with Gingerbreak and is currently on Stock ROM.
    My Ultimate Goal is to Overclock the device, and get it to run Link2SD. I've tried a million Custom ROMs/Recoveries, and none of them seem to work. So, my ultimate goal is to somehow Overclock and run Link2SD on my Optimus V while still having Stock ROM but being Rooted.
    Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quacles

quacles Member

3. Encerspay

What I mean is that instead of the phone going into Recovery Mode, the screen is just blank. So I have to take out the battery, put it back in, turn the phone back on and nothing has changed. Every single time. :(
    But Harmonia looks interesting. Where can I find a compatible Recovery for it?
    Thanks in advance.

4. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Android Expert

What are you using to flash the recovery? What are the recoverys you have tried? If you bought your phone late last year chances are you have a new Optimus V. The newer Optimus V has a different screen so some recoverys won't work with that phone.

5. quacles

quacles Member

Encerspay and Phatninja55 like this.
  6. 129260

129260 Well-Known Member

see the post I made in the other thread.

7. Encerspay

Thanks for the ROM and recovery, guys, huge help. Doesn't Flash Image GUI cost $0.99, though? D:

8. Phatninja55

The $0.99 is more of a donation. For the most part its free.

9. Encerspay

The $0.99 Market Version is just a donation? So, what's that version in the link there? Kind of reminds me of Installous....

10. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

You can use Link2SD on the stock ROM. You have to make sure your partition, and the rest of the uSD card are formatted to FAT32. Not ext.4, 3 or 2.
    When MacFett wrote up his tutorial on Link2SD he was rooted, but was still running the stock ROM.
    Also: some Froyo ROM's are the same way as the stock ROM. It would be better just to format everything to FAT32 then you can use any ROM you want with out having to reformat the uSD card and partition. The recovery's only format's the partition to ext.3 which will not be seen by most ROM's.

11. Encerspay

It's cool LINK2SD can be ran on Stock ROM, but the reason I've been trying to flash a new ROM is because of Overclocking. All I need is a working recovery compatible with my newer screen and the ROM itself. And I am a not curious of the legal status of FlashImage GUI.

12. AndyOpie150

You don't need to flash a ROM. All you need to do is flash an overclocking kernel. Then all you would have to do is wipe the cache partition and the dalvik cache (found in the advanced section of the custom recovery). When flashing a kernel you do not want to wipe any more than that.
    Here is a good overclocking kernel for the V pica07remix kernel
    I'm almost sure you shouldn't have to mess with Link2SD either. You settings and links should remain the same. I'm not 100% sure on this though.
    The Flash Image GUI app is available on the developers site for free, so there is now problem with downloading the free version.
    The best recovery for Harmonia, Harmonius Bumblebee(Froyo ROM's), CM-7 and CM-9 ROM's is the VM670NH_recovery.img quacles mentioned.
    For most all other Froyo ROM's the Xionia_cwma_recovery.img version is the best. v1.2518.6, If you have the Hitachi screen. v1.2518.4, if you have the Novatek screen.

The recovery needs to be unzipped(it will have .img on the end). If you are installing the recovery and flash_image using shell commands it will need to be unzipped as well(it willl have a .bin on the end).
    All other things need to stay zipped (ROM's, Kernel's, theme's, patches, boot animations, etc.)

13. Encerspay

Okay, so, I tried to get the phone into Recovery Mode, but it just rebooted regularly, taking me back to my home screen. What went wrong, do you think?

14. cdunkle584

cdunkle584 Member

Depends on how you tried to do that. There are two ways that I use to get into recovery; hold down the power key and select reboot and then recovery, and turning it off and using the "down-home-power key combination until the LG logo appears.
    Can you tell us how you went about it?

15. Phatninja55

Don't forget about adb reboot recovery.

16. Encerspay

adb root recovery?

17. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

Or using Terminal Emulator. Type
    Su

Reboot recovery

18. Encerspay

I tried that and it just said "Reboot not found". I typed in "Reboot Recovery" and "Reboot" and the actual name of the Recovery, but they weren't found.

19. AndyOpie150

Try:
    su
    mount_-o_remount,rw_-t_yaffs2_/system_/system
    reboot_recovery

The red underlines are where the spaces should go. Do not type them in.

Encerspay likes this.
  20. Encerspay

Okay, cool, thanks. So, 2 more questions:
    1: What do I do with Flash Image GUI?
    2: What do I actually do when I end up in Recovery Mode?

21. AndyOpie150

The Flash Image GUI is designed to allow you to put a custom flash_image (this is needed to flash the recovery) on your phone and to flash the custom recovery that you put on your uSD card. It is easier, but then you will not be using the terminal emulator.
    I think everyone that mods his phone should become well acquainted with the terminal emulator and command prompt. There's a very good chance they will need to use one or the other when they mess something up.
    There are only two kinds of moder's: Those that have messed up there phone really good, and those that just haven't yet.

22. Encerspay

Okay, so, I'm in Recovery, but something's gone wrong. I can't install anything from the SD Card, it just shows the CWM logo instead. Help!!!

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews