1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Optimus V minor issues.. or more?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 103396nick, Apr 24, 2012.

1. 103396nick

103396nick Newbie

I used this site for help to root my optimus V this past weekend (oringinally running android 2.2.2)
    using ginger break v 1.2. I also downloaded rom manager and mybackup root. Then i flashed a custom rom (cyanogenmod 2.6.32.33 asopCMod). Now my phone shows in the "about phone" area as having android 2.3.4. This means I have switched from froyo to gingerbread, right? Also I have had some issues with the phone turning off and seeming to brick and after reseting (home,up volume, power) it is working fine. Should i be worried or even flash my old rom back or are these just moinor hiccups? any response would be great thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

Yes you have upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbreak. The issues you are having are most likely due to the fact that you are running a fairly old ROM. I would first suggest removing ROM Manager as is doesn't properly support the Optimus V and the ROM's it has for the OV are outdated or unsupported.

I would look into this thread and install a proper recovery for your phone and then look into a better more updated rom. I suggest Backside

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html
    You want section Install Custom Recovery Image

cdunkle584 likes this.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews