• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus V New User Questions

hemplacrosse4

May 29, 2010
Hey guys I just got the Optimus V and had a few questions.

My first question is how many of you guys actually use a task killer, I have been seeing mix reviews about using it or not, so I wasn't sure if I should even bother with using it.

How in the world do you guys get Microsoft Exchange to work I put in all my information correctly but it still does not want to work?

What keyboard do you guys use? I have the hardest time using swype and android

What kind of screen protector do you guys use and where did you get it from?

When your month is up and you do not top up right away how long do you have until you can't top up again, meaning losing your phone number and deactivating it.

Is there an app that can act as a noticfation LED such as making a small section of the screen blink while its on stand by?

How is your reception, I just canceled my verizon service and I'm really starting to notice a difference as to how much coverage verizon really has compared to sprint :/

Any help would be great, thanks a lot!

Hey guys I just got the Optimus V and had a few questions.
1. My first question is how many of you guys actually use a task killer, I have been seeing mix reviews about using it or not, so I wasn't sure if I should even bother with using it.
2. My second question is how in the world do you guys get Microsoft Exchange to work I put in all my information correctly but it still does not want to work?
3. What kind of screen protector do you guys use and where did you get it from?
4. Last question, when your month is up and you do not top up right away how long do you have until you can't top up again, meaning losing your phone number and deactivating it.
Any help would be great, thanks a lot!

1. The Android developers don't recommend using a task killer as it can, in most circumstances decrease battery life not increase it. Android is built to fill up much of the memory on the device with apps, so that when you select one it is there. Just because the app is in memory doesn't mean it is executing. When you use a task killer to auto kill apps, the task killer kills the app, android tries to reload, then the app killer tries again, and the cycle repeats eating up battery life.
2. Did you make sure to include your domain name with your user name? Such as "myworkdomain\johndoe"
3. I got mine on Amazon. I'm not happy with it as it still has bubbles. Get the kind that has film on both sides. I've had lots of success on devices that use that method.
4. Don't know. It's probably in their terms of use on the web site.

-Cary
www.youtube.com/tanksandplanes (Intercept and Optimus V videos)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones