• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus V Rooting,Roms,Tutorials thread

books

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
Does this look correct??
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Chris>cd C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\SuperOne Click Root

C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\SuperOne Click Root>adb
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26

-d - directs command to the only connected USB devic
e
returns an error if more than one USB device is
present.
-e - directs command to the only running emulator.
returns an error if more than one emulator is r
unning.
-s <serial number> - directs command to the USB device or emulator w
ith
the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERI
AL
environment variable.
-p <product name or path> - simple product name like 'sooner', or
a relative/absolute path to a product
out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.

If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT

environment variable is used, which must
be an absolute path.
devices - list all connected devices
connect <host>[:<port>] - connect to a device via TCP/IP
Port 5555 is used by default if no port number
is specified.
disconnect [<host>[:<port>]] - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
Port 5555 is used by default if no port number
is specified.
Using this ocmmand with no additional arguments

will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devic
es.

device commands:
adb push <local> <remote> - copy file/dir to device
adb pull <remote> [<local>] - copy file/dir from device
adb sync [ <directory> ] - copy host->device only if changed
(-l means list but don't copy)
(see 'adb help all')
adb shell - run remote shell interactively
adb shell <command> - run remote shell command
adb emu <command> - run emulator console command
adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
forward specs are one of:
tcp:<port>
localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
dev:<character device name>
jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
adb jdwp - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport

adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and i
nstall it
('-l' means forward-lock the app)
('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data
)
('-s' means install on SD card instead of inter
nal storage)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
('-k' means keep the data and cache directories
)
adb bugreport - return all information from the device
that should be included in a bug report.

adb help - show this help message
adb version - show version num

DATAOPTS:
(no option) - don't touch the data partition
-w - wipe the data partition
-d - flash the data partition

scripting:
adb wait-for-device - block until device is online
adb start-server - ensure that there is a server running
adb kill-server - kill the server if it is running
adb get-state - prints: offline | bootloader | device
adb get-serialno - prints: <serial-number>
adb status-window - continuously print device status for a specifie
d device
adb remount - remounts the /system partition on the device re
ad-write
adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the boo
tloader or recovery program
adb reboot-bootloader - reboots the device into the bootloader
adb root - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
adb usb - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
adb tcpip <port> - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on th
e specified port
networking:
adb ppp <tty> [parameters] - Run PPP over USB.
Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
<tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
[parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
<localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:

- If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be u
pdated.

- If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partition
is updated.

environmental variables:
ADB_TRACE - Print debug information. A comma separated list
of the following values
1 or all, adb, sockets, packets, rwx, usb, sync
, sysdeps, transport, jdwp
ANDROID_SERIAL - The serial number to connect to. -s takes prior
ity over this if given.
ANDROID_LOG_TAGS - When used with the logcat option, only these de
bug tags are printed.

C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\SuperOne Click Root>#
'#' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\SuperOne Click Root>adb shell
# adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
exit
aadb push su /system/bin
db shell
adb push busybox /system/bin
aadb shell
db: not found
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
cd /system/bin
chmod 4755 su
chmod 555 busybox
eexit
xit
adb push su /system/bin
adb push busybox /system/bin
adb shell
#
C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\SuperOne Click Root>adb reboot

C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\SuperOne Click Root>

Upvote 0
You are using the wrong ADB.exe. Should be using the one located in your SDK directory. The one you created in the highlighted red section below.

What You'll Need:

- Sun JDK, FOUND HERE
- The Android SDK, FOUND HERE. Install this on the root of your computer so the path is C:/android. After you've installed the SDK, make sure it's up to date by launching the SDK Manager. This will be something like c:\android\SDK Manager.exe. It will ask you to update several things, but the only one that needs to be up to date is the SDK Platform for Android 2.2
- Drivers for the LG phone installed on your computer. Instructions can be FOUND HERE courtesy of our favorite android hacker, modder, developer, blogger (jack of all trades) gbhil
- SuperOneClick v1.6.3, which is available from xda-developers HERE.
- And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK.

Before you go any further, make sure you have downloaded/installed/updated everything in the list above, or will you not be able to complete the root.

Step 4: Open a CMD window and type the following:

cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is
(mine for example is C:\android\platform-tools).

Upvote 0
this is whats in my SDK folders

pic1l.png
idk what the problem is. but the phone is rooter somehow. i can download rooted apps like wireless teetering app, and superuser and titanium back up work fine, and so does SETPCU, but the maximum overclock speed is 600mhz. i thought i was able to set it to 800ish mhz at least.

i think i installed the android sdk in the wrong path?

Upvote 0
I still do not see doing this, what advantages other then being able to turn up the CPU frequency, which on this phone is pointless,when the video graphics are sub par at best,being a certified PC Tech,i know on desktops people would overclock to improve gaming experience, video editing or running any graphic intensive software,it virtually does not offer any other advantages to everyday use,i can not speak for mobile devices,but from what i can see the cons far outweigh the pros overclocking this particular phone, but i guess bricking a sub 200 dollar phone is not that big of a risk to some,or bragging rights!!!

Upvote 0
1. Uninstalling bloatware.
2. Speed tweaks on custom ROMs. 2.3 is so much faster. It almost doubled my quadrant score with no overclocking. Yes, MMS doesn't work, but hopefully that will be resolved soon, until then there are 2.2 roms which work perfectly.
3. Overclocking/underclocking.
4. Adding features, such as percentage value to battery meter on the status bar, getting rid of the Virgin Mobile boot animation, adblocking, etc.
5. Installing any app in the market that says "requires root". IE adfree.
6. Don't do it if you don't want to. No one cares.

For me, #1 above is enough. Do a google search on what the "Where" application does to your battery life. It's not noticeable really unless you have a slow data signal. I was in an area for a week with slow data and my phone would constantly lock up from all the bloatware trying to connect to the internet without my permission. Custom ROM's were no problem.

Also, I have a little bit of processor envy. All of my friends, and co-workers have driod2's, driod x, evo, iphone, etc. So whatever I can do to make my phone hang with theirs, I will do it. :)

Upvote 0
1. Uninstalling bloatware.
2. Speed tweaks on custom ROMs. 2.3 is so much faster. It almost doubled my quadrant score with no overclocking. Yes, MMS doesn't work, but hopefully that will be resolved soon, until then there are 2.2 roms which work perfectly.
3. Overclocking/underclocking.
4. Adding features, such as percentage value to battery meter on the status bar, getting rid of the Virgin Mobile boot animation, adblocking, etc.
5. Installing any app in the market that says "requires root". IE adfree.
6. Don't do it if you don't want to. No one cares.

For me, #1 above is enough. Do a google search on what the "Where" application does to your battery life. It's not noticeable really unless you have a slow data signal. I was in an area for a week with slow data and my phone would constantly lock up from all the bloatware trying to connect to the internet without my permission. Custom ROM's were no problem.

Also, I have a little bit of processor envy. All of my friends, and co-workers have driod2's, driod x, evo, iphone, etc. So whatever I can do to make my phone hang with theirs, I will do it. :)

Okay if you feel the need each his own i guess,but i would much rather have a working Smartphone over bragging to fiends that my mobile phone is faster then yours,i would much rather have and do a custom Desktop computer,and brag about that.and the list of reasons to do is not shocking enough for me to do it,i guess have fun chasing bugs,and issues's,or maybe just a fancy door stop when the CPU gives out.

Upvote 0
For me it is not about bragging at all.

It is all about being able to remove application I don't like.
Why should I not have a choice in removing them if I bought the phone with my hard earned money?
Some will say the applications help VM sell me the phone for x number of $.
Ok I can agree to that, but they should always be removable even so.

You can compare this to application installed on laptops or purchased PC's.
They are there when you boot up, but you can most surely remove them as to your liking.

Overclocking the CPU is just an added benefit for me, not really a priority.

Upvote 0
For me it is not about bragging at all.

It is all about being able to remove application I don't like.
Why should I not have a choice in removing them if I bought the phone with my hard earned money?
Some will say the applications help VM sell me the phone for x number of $.
Ok I can agree to that, but they should always be removable even so.

You can compare this to application installed on laptops or purchased PC's.
They are there when you boot up, but you can most surely remove them as to your liking.

Overclocking the CPU is just an added benefit for me, not really a priority.

That is not a big deal to me at least,i would rather have a stable phone,then worry about a few apps i cannot delete as for bloatware on pc's or laptops i never deal with that,i build my own.

Upvote 0
That is not a big deal to me at least,i would rather have a stable phone,then worry about a few apps i cannot delete as for bloatware on pc's or laptops i never deal with that,i build my own.

It surprises me you think you will have an unstable phone if you apply a Rom.

I will agree you see lots of post in the forums where people end up bricking their phones and have a hard time getting things back.
That usually happen because they skip reading up on, and or understanding the process involved.

The other group are the people that have a need to try every Rom and modification available, thus eventually messing up their phone.

Personally it is in my nature to go as conservative as possible, yet getting what I consider great improvements to my phone.
That is most definitely possible with the correct Recovery/Rom.

I have used the phone modified for a few days now, it is completely stable and gives me exactly what I set out to get.

Upvote 0
It surprises me you think you will have an unstable phone if you apply a Rom.

I will agree you see lots of post in the forums where people end up bricking their phones and have a hard time getting things back.
That usually happen because they skip reading up on, and or understanding the process involved.

The other group are the people that have a need to try every Rom and modification available, thus eventually messing up their phone.

Personally it is in my nature to go as conservative as possible, yet getting what I consider great improvements to my phone.
That is most definitely possible with the correct Recovery/Rom.

I have used the phone modified for a few days now, it is completely stable and gives me exactly what I set out to get.

One Question a lot of people are having issues with the data to the phone not working,if Virgin Mobile determines it is something with the hardware and push through a firmware update, would a rooted phone be effected by this.

Upvote 0
One Question a lot of people are having issues with the data to the phone not working,if Virgin Mobile determines it is something with the hardware and push through a firmware update, would a rooted phone be effected by this.

Good question, if you look here it would appear great care should be taken in case of any updates:
Welcome to TechNewsWorld

I have no knowledge if the update can be allowed to our phones without a notification and a confirmation from users.
However having used other android devices I was always informed an update was available and had to agree to the update.

In the case of an upgrade I would not accept it on a rooted phone before it was returned to stock.

The data problem however happens on both rooted and stock phones and given the time of day most people have problems, it would appear the fix can be found on the server network side of things

Upvote 0
Good question, if you look here it would appear great care should be taken in case of any updates:
Welcome to TechNewsWorld

I have no knowledge if the update can be allowed to our phones without a notification and a confirmation from users.
However having used other android devices I was always informed an update was available and had to agree to the update.

In the case of an upgrade I would not accept it on a rooted phone before it was returned to stock.

The data problem however happens on both rooted and stock phones and given the time of day most people have problems, it would appear the fix can be found on the server network side of things

maybe so,i think you should have the ability to back up the firmware,on phones and even gaming machines in case the firmware they push brick your device,take a lesson from cmos on a pc or labtop,when a board has an bios update if something goes wrong you can always rollback the flash.making it brick proof.thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
I backed up my rec image and found it to be currupt upon attempted restoration. Does LGVsysbootrec.zip contain factory images, if not where might I obtain them?
OR
Would gingerbread be worth the trouble to replace froyo?

Opps, just noticed the ling above,

Yeah I believe it's almost stock images but with the su binary and superuser.apk.
Gingerbread is definitely worth it. It fixes alot of the previous problems with android and improves graphic performance. I think it was cyanogen that said android up until gingerbread, android was a beta project. Or it was someone else. One of the problems that got fixed with gingerbread that I didn't even know existed was the cpu maxing out every time you touch the home screen. Gingerbread fixes that. I've ran the aosp gingerbread rom it's pretty good but is still in beta stages.... just a heads up :cool:.

almost forgot welcome wilberfan1

Upvote 0
I am hoping that someone may have the answer the answer to my problem. I have made a hugh mistake. I was trying to download a driver on my phone for teathering, and with this touch screen not being that large...I downloaded a Samsung driver on my LG Optimus V. It is acting very strange now. I have not ideas how to uninstall the Samsung driver. :eek: Can anyone help me with this, please.

Upvote 0
Hey asadullah,

I have a question on your bootanimation. On my phone I do not see the droid text that morphs into the red light (part2). On my phone I see the stock LG screen then it goes to the red light.

I checked my nandroid backup and it doesnt show the LG one in the bootanimation. Do you know where it is loading from? Do you have the stock bootanimation, would it be part of the stock rom you posted?

Thanks for any help

Upvote 0
Hey asadullah,

I have a question on your bootanimation. On my phone I do not see the droid text that morphs into the red light (part2). On my phone I see the stock LG screen then it goes to the red light.

I checked my nandroid backup and it doesnt show the LG one in the bootanimation. Do you know where it is loading from? Do you have the stock bootanimation, would it be part of the stock rom you posted?

Thanks for any help

To be honest with you I never fixed that. For two reasons mainly:
1 I put that in system/media just so people would know where to put a bootanimation, and I needed a bootanimation. I really thought that people would customize and make or use others. There are alot of phones that use the 320x480 resolution like us (sprint hero, mytouch, droid eris and so fourth )So there are alot of options out there.
2 I went to the honeycomb bootanimation and never looked back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones