1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Optimus V stopped working then started? Help!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hollisnh, Feb 24, 2011.

1. hollisnh

hollisnh Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Okay, I have my Optimus since 2/3/11 and has been working very well.

Yesterday I was working on it at 12PM time then placed it in my pant's pocket, which is the usual place I keep it during the day time.
    At 3PM, I started noticing that I wasnt being notified of emails or SMS or phone calls. Took the phone out and saw it powered off completely. I tried to turn it on and didnt get any responds at all. At 5PM, I plugged it into my car charger and still wouldnt power on. took the battery out and in and waited 30min for it to keep charging.. still nothing.

Got home, tried the home charger and still nothing. I did notice the phone was warm, so I am guessing it was charging? I called RS and was ready to go get it exchanged, I opened the battery compartment, took the battery out and placed it back inside, and closed the case. Just before heading out, I just tried it once again, and it powered right up. Battery was at 74% charged. Its been working great again for last 12hours. This morning battery showed 100%.

So what happened?
    Should I still get it exchanged?

I used a silicon case on it for the past week and has a screen protector (hard type)

My wife thinks there might have been a SW update?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Most likely the phone got completely discharged in your pocket. If it crashes again more than 1-2x in the same way without being able to repower it quickly, then exchange it. There have been no VM updates since the phone's release to my knowledge.

3. hollisnh

hollisnh Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    I suspected it, but wouldn't it power up being plugged into a car/home charger directly?

Or even after being charged for 30min in the car ?

4. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    That is odd...and that's why I suggested if it happens again to do the exchange.

Tags: