1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Optimus V unrooted (Or is it?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cars066, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Cars066

Cars066 Newbie

So I went through the process of rooting my optimus V via the xda guide. During the recovery mode process, I was prompted to make a "nandroid" backup file before the wipe, flash, and reboot. Well I didn't much like the root after boot-up and i wanted to revert. Intuitively, I reconnected it to my pc and through ADB I "unrooted" it. I then went into recovery mode and did a nandroid restore using my previously created file (I'm assuming, it was the only file in the nandroid recovery interface)... Voila(?) it was back to before the entire operation even started.

My question is, am I really back to stock just like that? is all legal and truly at the same state of before the root? How exactly did the recovery work.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum area for this - please move it if so.

Advertisement

2. Yup, if the file nandroid was a backup of your original rom then reflashing your backup should have restored your phone back to the way it was before flashing. That's assuming of course that you didn't delete any programs that you normally couldn't have without superuser status.

3. Cars066

Cars066 Newbie

Nope it was all there, apparently. I deleted the other backups, roms, and tools i used to flash and root. I will probably root again, but this is for comparison.

However, it does feel a little - dare i say - oddly laggy? Upon clicking the power button to turn the screen on from lock I've got about a second where the unlock-shape screen won't really respond. And upon unlocking, another second or two for the swiping to different home screens to respond. Even then, it won't be as smooth as it was when i first got the phone. Maybe it's my hands, maybe it's my eczema, maybe it's my apps? Although i have a weather widget and a news widget on home screen. About 10-15 downloaded apps at most. And a power manager app and wifi app on my settings-dedicated screen. lag? optimus v? hmm... Is there some easy way to revert it right back to stock without re-flashing another stock image?

Thanks!

4. denshigomi

denshigomi Lurker

If you rooted with the XDA guide, then you flashed a non-stock ROM. So the only way to revert back to stock is to flash a stock ROM.

5. Cars066

Cars066 Newbie

SO i must flash with a stock rom, even if i recover using nand with a backup i created while i was stock?

6. denshigomi

denshigomi Lurker

When you recover using nand, you ARE doing a flash on specific MTD blocks. If all you did was make a stock backup, root the phone, then recover from the backup, you are back to stock. If your phone is acting strangely, reset the phone settings. I assume you are using a custom recovery. If so, reset the phone settings from there. If you are using a stock recovery, reset the phone from Android's GUI.

Tags: