1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Optimus V/VirginMobile = NIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChefRd2000, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ChefRd2000

ChefRd2000 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Wow... This phone hasn't worked right 1 day yet. Just tried to top-up after a month... Didn't work online. They took my money 3 days before due date... But phone stopped working on due date... And they started charging "per text". CS said I need to call CS every time I want to top-up.... Or expect trouble every time due to system problems. This is so sad! This is the greatest phone/pre-paid deal EVER.... But I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE. Come on VM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Advertisement

2. kofman13

kofman13 Member
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    im loving vm and optimus v so far. after the outage the other day the data is great. just pay ahead of time

3. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member
    None

You're right VM has had nothing but problems as of late. I've been using them since about '02-'03 when they first started here, and never had any problems until the past few months. The past two weeks have been absolutely ridiculous. I've sent received no less than 50 or 60 emails, and half a dozen calls to VM regarding the 3G issues (prior to their "outage") and the pic messaging problems have happened on 4 different makes of handsets since October.

Don't get me started on their mobile broadband.

4. kingvudu

kingvudu Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    I use the top up cards about a day before. I have only had the issue happen once on the rumor 2.

5. ChefRd2000

ChefRd2000 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Mine drops data 2-3 times a day.... Every day. Almost always at a busy time (9-noon-5) Yes... A airplane mode toggle fixes it... But ugh! People are learning to text me instead of email.... But thats not ok.

6. ChefRd2000

ChefRd2000 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Did top-up 3 days before due date. Still shut down. CS said it's a system error on their part....

7. ChefRd2000

ChefRd2000 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Sure would be nice to hear from VM... Just to let us know it's a problem they are working on. Where are you sending your complaints?

8. lynx2cross

lynx2cross Member
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Now I don't know if this is a fix or not but it has been speculated that certain apps especially ones that are power saving apps that are supposed to turn the 3G on/off automatically seem to mess things up. Also and this was something I discovered today, if you have the news widget running you may try going to into the settings of the widget and toggle the automatic refresh on/off. When I did this it kicked my 3G down to !x but eventually it kicked it back to 3G automatically. One of the reasons that I speculate on why we lose our data connection is because the phone is not downgrading to 1x when 3G is not available, instead we just lose the connection. Its worth a try.

ChefRd2000 likes this.
  9. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member
    None

I've sent complaints to their facebook page, customer service, the vmusocialcare@sprint.com email, and since I've goe another 2 days with no data at all, the BBB.

Tags: