• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Optimus V won't turn on. Help meh please.

cjr2221

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
Ok, guys I'm at my wit's end. Been scouring the internet trying to find a solution/people with similar problems solution, but none apply to me.

The phone is about 2 weeks old btw.

Last night I was charging my LG Optimus V through the USB charger connected to my laptop. I went to bed and forgot that when my laptop shutdown that it wouldn't be charging anymore.

I'm assuming that the battery died? This is where the confusion starts.

When I wake up I find the phone with its buttons flashing as well as flashing the LG logo on the screen.

The phone will not enter recovery mode, it will enter Emergency Mode.

Removing the USB charger causes it to completely cut off.

I've tried entering Recovery mode to no avail, removed the battery/sd card and reinserted etc. Thinking that the battery must have completely drained I left the phone to charge, it's been charging all day. The only response I can get out of the phone is to enter into Emergency Mode.

Is there anything that anyone knows can be done.

At this point I'm hoping that maybe my USB wire is defective, so it isn't getting charged properly, or enough to boot back up.

Well I called the people at VM, tech support diagnosed the phone as having a software defect.

They told me to take out the battery and hold down the power button for 15 secs, that didn't change anything. So, they said there must be a software defect.

Returning it to Radioshack now. Thanks for the advice guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones