1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Options available in window shade when phone locked?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by PeteCress, Sep 12, 2018.

1. PeteCress

PeteCress Android Enthusiast

I get the part about being able to drop the WindowShade list when the phone is locked - so I can view messages from apps and other notifications.

But it doesn't seem right that the top part of the WindowShade can be expanded, allowing access to various System settings/functions while the phone is supposedly locked.

Opens up a whole bunch of Bad Things happening from butt dialing.

I suspect my terminology isn't the best, so here's a screen snap of the area I'm talking about:

SmartSelect_20180912-150333_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Is there a way to make those options unavailable for update when the phone is locked?

#1 PeteCress, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

I think you may want to fix that link...you are sharing your entire "Misc" folder.

Edit: ah, nevermind, I fixed it for you and just added the screenshot. I figured by the time you got back to your thread, all your photos would be seen. ;)

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Non of my phones do that. If they're screen-locked, I can't pull down the window shade settings area. This is a Huawei and a Samsung, both with Oreo.

4. PeteCress

My Bad.

Tried to put it inline, but could not make it happen, so I fell back to pasting a link.

At least the permission was Public....-)

Thanks for bailing me out.

Mikestony likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You can with a Pixel.

mikedt likes this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I just read the description of Cerberus (anti theft app) when thinking about a different question, and spotted that it says it can stop quick settings from being used from the lock screen.

7. PeteCress

I just applied one of Samsung's system updates and it seems to have fixed the problem.

"Samsung Experience Version 9.0", "Android security patch level July 1, 2018"

mikedt likes this.