• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

orange 1.7 to 2.73.61.5 what to expect

nickhirst

Nov 8, 2009
Hi Have just got my new hero:D which was running on a 1.7... Rom.
Have updated straight away on day 2 after playing about a bit with it.
whats the main benefits I can expect with this update. I was amazed with the phone when it was running on 1.7... Does it get even better!:D

Definite increase in speed and responsiveness, but yeah, you do lose a little bit of eye candy - the weather widget now only animates when it updates as opposed to every time you visit it, and the flip clock no longer animates at all, but those are the only things i've seen that have been removed.

Well worth the update IMO, unless you have some kind of sexual fetish for flip-clocks.

Upvote 0
Hi Have just got my new hero:D which was running on a 1.7... Rom.
Have updated straight away on day 2 after playing about a bit with it.
whats the main benefits I can expect with this update. I was amazed with the phone when it was running on 1.7... Does it get even better!:D

I personally noticed an improvement in radio signal (not that it was bad before, it's just better now!) and a fairly major speed increase when switching between the home screens, and also a bit of an improvement when loading web pages (over 3G, and in the same location but that could be due to the signal boost). I am on T-Mobile so your radio signal experiance will probably be differant to mine.

Upvote 0
I love the flip clock I wouldn't want to lose that!!

I was thinking of updating this evening or tomrrow but 1.7 seems to be running fine for me. Apart from RF and speed issue are there any bugs that the new ROM fixes?

Just to clarify, you won't lose the flip clock, you just won't see the flip animation anymore. It will still look the same

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones