1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Orange 2.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Verbal, Aug 18, 2010.

1. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

finally here!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ldn-j

ldn-j Member

Not for me still ...

3. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast

i got a prompt to install 1.22 and after that installed i done another search for updates and it installed 2.2 :)

havnt noticed any issues yet.

although a friend phoned orange today, and on the line there is an automated message regarding the new 2.2 update and some people having issues with it, hopefully i wont be one of them.

4. jdavidg

jdavidg Lurker

nothing returned from either HTC or Orange !!, but the updates are all there now, just performed both updates and now running 2.2 happily.

J.

5. NigelP

NigelP Newbie

Finally! Searched when I got home and it found the 1.22 update, and updated to that .. then searched immediately again for any updates and it ran the update to 2.2

All seems well so far ...

6. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Here it is :)

7. Elsie

Elsie Newbie

Just had the same 2 updates back to back!

8. og.77

og.77 Newbie

Finally , just got the first and second updates and my phone is installing Froyo as I type!!!
    Hopefully no problems

9. Can anyone get the wifi hotspot to work? I can connect to the phone but don't seem to have access to the internet.

10. Sprawlsy

Sprawlsy Newbie

Both updates have gone through fine. Liking the improvements to the calendar (linking to contact's birthdays, public holidays etc). The flashlight is good too.

11. og.77

og.77 Newbie

All seems to be working well and looking good. Linking contacts to calendar is a nice touch.
    In my messages it has a number in brackets after the contacts name the message is from. This is new , what is it????

12. flashsam

flashsam Member

I updated to 2.2 the other day.

Everything seems a lot smoother and quicker and I think the battery life is slightly better (but hard to tell when i can't stop playing with it!)

I also cannot get the wifi hotspot to work. My PC can see the wireless network and cannot to it but i can't browse to any web pages.

I read on another forum that a hard reset is the only thing which fixes this but I'm not ready to try that yet.

13. Elsie

Elsie Newbie

I've tried to connect my iPad via the Desire hotspot but also can't get a connection. The phone shows my iPad is connected but the iPad can't get onto the net.

I'm going to try it when I'm in Chesterfield tomorrow which has fairly good 3g coverage to see if that makes a difference.

14. Burdus33

Burdus33 Newbie

Finally Both Updates....Whoop Whoop!!! :)

15. blue90

blue90 Newbie

Is there a minimum amount of phone memory that u need to have before downloading and installin the update? I have got around 25mb phone memory.

16. Sheshnag

Sheshnag Well-Known Member

Finally HTC and Orange got their act together and the update (both of them are here). Internet seems faster. But not many apps to SD so will have to try the force install way. Will report back when I have played with it more.

17. croyde

croyde Member

So 2.2 seems to now let DoubleTwist play my mp4 of Avatar that it would only play the sound before, so that's a thumbs up.

I have just played with the WiFi Hotspot thing and my laptop sees and connects to the HTC Network but I too can't get the internet. Anyone think that Orange have done something to the code.

Can't say it is something I would use as the HTC is pretty useful at most stuff and I have a dongle for the laptop.

Nice if it was working though.

The numbers after the names in messages are the amount of messages.

18. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Android Expert

I believe 25mb free phone storage is the minimum you need before installing the update, I had 27mb and there were no problems.

19. ilh

ilh Newbie

Yea 25MB are needed, I was on 16 and had to uninstall Angry Birds to get there.

I'm missing the press menu button to unlock already and the double tap to zoom in the browser is really jerky now :( Other than that (and doubling of messages after the restore -_-) it all seems in order, at least i'm not getting any launcher force closes when I restart my phone now :)

That's the number of messages to and from that person.

20. Elsie

Elsie Newbie

I cannot get the tethering to work. I can get my daughters iPod, my iPad and my netbook to connect to the Desire but it doesn't allow me net access. So the hotspot is there and allows devices connect but I cannot actually get onto the internet.

Pants!

21. blue90

blue90 Newbie

hey guys, where the heck is hd recording?

22. balders

balders Well-Known Member

Go to camera and turn it to video, then settings and select Resolution....wham bam 720p.

Just make sure you have some space to save the video and dont be to pissed if it looks a bit crappy.

23. beanymanuk

beanymanuk Lurker

Has anyone got flash working? I've installed flash 10.1 but in opera none of the flash is loading

24. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast

i installed adobe flash from the market as soon as i installed froyo, i haven't a clue if its working though, i think i just presumed it is, i guess you would have to go to a site that you know deffinitly uses flash and see if it works correctly

25. croyde

croyde Member

My Hotspot was not working either but I am posting this on my Mac connected to my HTC Hotspot as I clicked on manage users and then clicked on my computer's name in the connected users box.

Try it and let me know if this was a fluke or not?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews