1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Orange 2.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Verbal, Aug 18, 2010.

1. xaero

xaero Newbie

still nothing in Glasgow

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I-desire

I-desire Member

Ain't added any more 'demos' but a few new additions have been put on. Nothing to complain about at all imo

3. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Guest

Somebody has already said that the stuff that was there before (game demos, maps, ringtones...) is still there.

4. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Android Expert

The update is 85mb but you DO NOT need to delete apps and create 85mb of free phone storage. You need 25mb+ free phone storage that is used as temp working memory while the installation takes place. The update replaces the existing Android version and doesn't take up any more phone storage than you have now.

5. RedBob62

RedBob62 Member

Nothing yet down in Dorset but then we only got TV last year and today I saw a big metal bird in the sky :)

6. Elsie

Elsie Newbie

:p Dude! That made me smile!

7. I-desire

I-desire Member

Can anyone put the link of apps that save to sd on here,
    It's absolutely useless that it doesn't state if it does or not on the app info page on the market

8. Sheshnag

Sheshnag Well-Known Member

Nothing in London??

9. androyd42

androyd42 Newbie

downloaded and installed 2.2, its about time ;)

East Anglia btw

10. ldn-j

ldn-j Member

Still no update here in London, years of being an Orange customer clearly makes no difference !

11. Andy766702

Andy766702 Lurker

My download completed and my phone is a definite Orange Branded phone. All the bloat from the previous version is still on there, however there appears to be NO new orange bloat which is good.

Wifi hotspots work :D

There are very few apps I could transfer to SD card, about 4 of my 50! None of the bloat stuff can be moved either :( I guess that is so that we can't transfer it then delete from the SD card, cunning.

12. Vicdude

Vicdude Android Enthusiast

Sorted :D Nottingham

13. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Android Enthusiast

nuthin in Bristol at the mo.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Grrr. Nothing here yet. How come others in Notts have it?? :mad:

15. ThEGr33k

ThEGr33k Well-Known Member

You got wifi tethering?

16. og.77

og.77 Newbie

nothing in Leicester either!!!

17. Elsie

Elsie Newbie

Still nowt for me in derbyshire or at work in nottingham. As for the WiFi hotspot, I will continue to use my hotspot from 3 as I never get that decent a 3g signal on my desire so trying to run another device through it would be painful!

18. Vicdude

Vicdude Android Enthusiast

Strangely, my missus doesn't have it either and she got her handset about a month before me. So much for the first come first served theory. Maybe it's being done in reverse lol :D Knowing Orange, Those who have been waiting longest can wait even longer...... Will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to receive it.....

19. mncollyer

mncollyer Member

Still nothing yet for me :(

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Nothing for me in Hampshire either.

21. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Guest

Still nothing here (Leicestershire). Must be doing it based on IMEI numbers or something.

22. CaptainBeaky

CaptainBeaky Guest

Downloaded last night at about 2130 in Kent. :D

No new bloat, as far as I can tell. Still can't get rid of the crapware tho' :(
    Shifted everything shiftable to the SD card, seems to run slightly better, although I had a bit of a app-frenzy last night :p so less space freed up than there ight have been.
    The gStrings tuner is good :cool:

23. Sprawlsy

Sprawlsy Newbie

Nowt in Worcester (last night, first thing this morning) or B'ham (now).

24. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

LOL as I knew, so they took 2 months installing the Crapware... bwhahaha. Glad I am rooted, Just installed the new OTA update at the weekend for Froyo. So when is the ETA on Orange from that, Days, months years?

I seriously hope you guys get somewhere with the Orange crapware campaign. Interestingly enough the Galaxy S from Orange has one or two apps on (my friend has one) and not nearly as many as the Desire. I cannot fathom the logic.

25. azzido

azzido Lurker

just downloaded 2.2 and all working fine!

B'ham area! :)

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews