• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Backup

Slug

Check six!
Aug 1, 2009
Inverness, UK
I don't know why this isn't more widely known.... I only discovered it by accident. :thinking:

Orange Backup is a rather impressive backup solution that allows full CWM-compatible nandroid-type backups to be done without booting into recovery, and optionally upload them to Dropbox, Google Drive or an FTP server.

It's a frontend GUI to the Online Android tool, which has just been updated to v7.00 and now supports the /preload partition on Samsung devices.

Reactions: Twinn and ironass
Yes, onandroid is a good app. I was examining the scripts a while back, and its very well written indeed.

My gut feelings are though to stick with CWM backups. Don't get me wrong, onandroid backups will certainly do the job, and a damn good one at that, but I always prefer to do it when the system is not booted as I feel safer in the knowledge that no files are being changed in the background whilst the backup is taking place.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
I don't know why this isn't more widely known.... I only discovered it by accident. :thinking:

Orange Backup is a rather impressive backup solution that allows full CWM-compatible nandroid-type backups to be done without booting into recovery, and optionally upload them to Dropbox, Google Drive or an FTP server.

It's a frontend GUI to the Online Android tool, which has just been updated to v7.00 and now supports the /preload partition on Samsung devices.

Hi,

I am the author of Orange Backup.

Thank you for your post.

Just want to add something, 1.19 version (last) manages TWRP backup too :)

I asked to your website for a review... without getting an answer. However I did something very stupid, I asked during XMas (it probably explains why I didn't got an answer).

However, I am sure it is not too late to do such review :) ;)

Regards

Reactions: Hawker
Upvote 0
Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Just want to add something, 1.19 version (last) manages TWRP backup too :)

I asked to your website for a review... without getting an answer. However I did something very stupid, I asked during XMas (it probably explains why I didn't got an answer).

However, I am sure it is not too late to do such review :) ;)

Regards

Welcome mate. Good to have you on board.
;)

Upvote 0
Welcome mate. Good to have you on board.
;)

Hi Hawker,

I have to say I am more on XDA, but I am come here to read different things, both forum are very complementary. But I don't write a lot.

If anyone have a bug report / feature request, you can of course use the form included in the application, but don't hesitate to ask me here.

Regards

Reactions: Hawker
Upvote 0

Oops, I didn't think to check if you were a member here Snoopy. My apologies. :eek:

I asked to your website for a review... without getting an answer.

Xmas is a busy time for everyone, as you know. The CES event also occupied a lot of attention from the Phandroid staff.... hit them up again and you should get a response.

Thanks for your work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones