1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Orange Branding and new ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kedzis, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kedzis

kedzis Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    I want to get rid of Orange Branding and stupid apps, to free some memory, is there any generic ROM for Wildfire S? Is it only matter of uploading new generic ROM? Does anybody know how to do it? Are there any other Custom ROM available for Wildfire S?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    There are custom ROMS out there, but you'd need root and S-OFF to install custom firmware on the Wildfire S. Whcih unfortunately appear to be pretty hard to attain unless you have something called an XTC clip (by the looks of things).

I'll have a look about and see if there are any easier methods, but I'm not too hopeful at the moment, sorry.

3. kedzis

kedzis Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    my phone is s-off, does it mean it was rooted? What shall i do if i have s-off? When can i find stable ROMs for Wildfire S?

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    There's a list of ROMs and such like here: Wildfire S Android Development - xda-developers

I can't really comment on the best as my Wildfire S isn't really a phone I'm looking to root at all (it's a work handset) so I've not really paid much attention to the custom scene. On my own handset, the Desire HD, I'm running CM 7.1 and it's outstanding. Slick, smooth with pretty good battery life. It doesn't look as though there's a port for the Wildfire S yet.

When I've got a bit more time, I'll probably make a sticky in the root section giving a list of decent ROMs, how to root and how to load them etc.