• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Network Issues ?

jasyk34

Lurker
Oct 27, 2009
I have had the hero for over 1 year now on Orange. Works perfectly for me and have had no problems using the mobile network (Edge) in my area over that time except for the last 2 days. I have a full mobile signal of 4 bars but my mobile network connection will not work. I enable the mobile connection and I dont get the E (Edge) symbol that normally sits beside the signal bars and this is still with a full signal as indicated by 4 bars. I can make and receive calls and texts but no network connectivity. It does connect on the odd occasion for about a minute and then drops again. The mobile signal only fluctuates slightly between full and 3 bars.

Anyone else had this issue recently and solved the problem ?

Just an update on this in case others are having similar problems. I have made numerous calls to Orange and they haven't a clue what they are doing !!!! They have made me turn phone on and off, change settings, blame lack of signal in my area (I have full mobile signal), etc. I am almost sure that it not a problem with my Hero as my brother is having exactly the same issue with his HTC desire on Orange.

Can't get them to admit that there is a problem with their network, even though my brother heard a recorded message at the start of one of his numerous calls to the "helpdesk" stating that they were working on an issue with the GPRS network :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones