1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Orange SF Doesn't Stay in USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TrueBlue1981, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TrueBlue1981

TrueBlue1981 Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Northampton, England
    I've updated my Orange SF to CyanogenMod 7, Nightly 227, Android 2.3. All is working well with the mod, and I love it. Although I do have this weird problem. I don't believe it's related to the mod at all, because it used to work, then just suddenly... stopped.

Anyway, I plug the SF into USB, and it asks me to 'Turn On USB'. So I do... it starts mounting the device, and a few seconds after the Android logo turns orange, it turns back to green again, and takes itself out of USB mode. If it does work, it'll stay connected for a few seconds before tuning itself off again, or it turns itself off while I'm transferring data to it.

Sometimes I can get it work by unplugging the from the USB port, and plugging it back in again. Sometimes I have to change the USB port.. it's very random as to whether it will work or not.

The laptop USB ports are fine, I've turned the phone off and on again several times, with no effect. Really.. this is driving me Goddamn nuts.

Are any other SF owners having this... or am I the only one? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2010
    Male
    UK
    Mine works fine on n242.

3. TrueBlue1981

TrueBlue1981 Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Northampton, England
    I'm using the same version.. however, now it's not doing much of anything.

I get the Removable Disk icon appearing in My Computer, but nothing else. Even if the Android logo is still orange, indicating USB is enabled, the Removable Disk never changes, and obviously, I can't access the disk. A few times, the Removable Disk doesn't even appear... what is going on?

Again, when i DO get it mounted, it unmounts itself when I'm copying data... why?

This is a new problem which has never happend before. As I've said, I don't THINK it's down to the CyanogenMods... but I can't be sure. What I AM sure of... this is really starting to p*ss me off.. BIG time!

4. dannymur

dannymur Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Male
    Ireland's Lake Land
    You did make a Nandroid back-up of your previous set-up? Didn't you??

And you wiped/wiped/wiped? before flashing??

If you did, it would be worthwhile restoring the back-up in Recovery, as you say it was OK then....

It would be interesting to see how it is when you restore your previous set-up.

You could certainly rule in or out whether it is the ROM you flashed, or not.

5. TrueBlue1981

TrueBlue1981 Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Northampton, England
    Er... uh-oh... well, upon upgrading for the first time to Android 2.2, I did do a Nandroid backup. However, upgrading to Android 2.3.. I don't believe I did a backup. And I sure as Hell can't find a backup on the SD Card, it's definitely gone.

I did downgrade slightly... still 2.3... using the Stable 7.1.0 mod, which is older than the Nightly 227, but I still had USB issues. So now I'm trying Nightly 243, and I'll see how that works.

6. dannymur

dannymur Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Male
    Ireland's Lake Land
    That was probably Gen 1 Nandroid, (going from 2.1 Stock---->Froyo 2.2, which would now be useless anyway!!!

You could try re-flashing, or just flashing the latest Nightly, ensuring to wipe/wipe/wipe beforehand.

Also, there is "fix permissions" in ROM Manager or Recovery which may help.

There is a Best "clean up" before flashing post on Modaco:

http://android.modaco.com/topic/343170-best-clean-up-before-flashing-roms/

Some of this may be helpful.....

Tags: