• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange Swapables to avoid

spiritus

Apr 21, 2010
I am on my second month with my new phone and wanted to give my own personal feedback on the swapables options with the Panther plan.

• The Times app. Very good. Would recommend it BUT there are ongoing issues with the app telling you your trial has expired and it can be a PITA to re-activate the app again.
  • The Orange Book Club. Waste of time. Partly my fault and partly Orange's. I assumed there would be a large selection of books to download.......there isn't. You get around 7 books to choose from and the chances are these are just shelf fillers. Don't expect to see any Top 50 books in the free list.
  • Navigon. Waste of time. Now unless I am very much mistaken the Navigon app that is part of the Swapables package is the same as the Navigon app which you can download free anyway and having used the free Navigon app before and on a short five minute journey it tried to send me up a one way street (in the wrong direction) then I would not recommend getting this one either.
I haven't tried the rest yet. I think I might stick with the Times app if I can get it working again and I look forward to Sky Sports when the new football season starts.

Reactions: El Presidente

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones