• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange T Mobile Network share.

A few weeks ago I registered for that network thing, back then I was using the HTC Hero. At first it would work, then if I turned my phone work, it would say "Sim can not be registered to this Network" and when I searched for other Networks, only Orange would appear.

When I got the Desire, I can never seem to get this to work still. Orange has terrible signal in my area although there site says its amazing. I never have network in my own home. and Im not sure I have ever saw full bars on my Desire.

So my question is, does yours work 24/7 if you have it. Does anyone else get the sim not registered thing after a reboot and how can I actually set it up properly cause I may be doing it wrong

p.s I have roaming n etc on

I think it's an automatic selection thing. My phone sometimes displays "Orange-T-Mobile" as the network it's on. Guess it flicks over when Orange's signal is poor.

I can't select T-Mobile as a network as it doesn't come up. Only "Orange" and "Orange T-Mobile" are options. I can select both.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as Steven chap.

HTC Desire- Roaming on- Network Automatic- Signed up with the orange/share - Got the message-replied.

Still, i get no signal a lot at work where Tmobile had loads. ( was with em for ages )
under networks if i look manually its only Orange thats there. ( Maybe coz my phone is Orange branded? )

Upvote 0
Whilst I have found that in place where I used to get no reception on Orange, it now switches to TMobile and displays Orange - TMobile when one pulls down the bar at the top.

However, I have dound that despite what Orange say, it doesn't hand over from network to network whilst a call is in progress. When I drive past a certain place where there is no Orange signal but perfect TMobile, my calls still get cut off.

I'm not complaining though! This idea of theirs to combine networks is a cracking one and I am amazingly happy that I can get a signal in places where there was none previously! :)

Upvote 0
Yea, just hope all these little issues are capable of being sorted in the end, we are still very much in a Beta stage atm with it all id bet so these things will happen. Brilliant for us end users though!

I think when they say Data they basically mean 3G, I can use 2G, not that its a good idea, that is unless you like looking at Google homepage a lot ha ha.

Upvote 0
I think it's an automatic selection thing. My phone sometimes displays "Orange-T-Mobile" as the network it's on. Guess it flicks over when Orange's signal is poor.

I can't select T-Mobile as a network as it doesn't come up. Only "Orange" and "Orange T-Mobile" are options. I can select both.

Mine (above) is an Orange branded phone.

I've got mine set to "Orange T-Mobile" at the moment and my reception has gone from 1 bar (and lots of received calls going straight to my voicemail) to full bar reception. I don't get 3G, but I use wifi for internet at the moment anyway.

Upvote 0
Not been so impressed with this network sharing so far.. find that in areas where I would previously get HSDPA it often sticks to a full signal on Edge instead.

Need to try it out at my parents house next month as I know Orange is the only network that works there and i'm on T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
One thing i've noticed since signing up for the share. (I've not changed any settings on my phone and it is manual network selection, set to T-Mobile).

I tried to send a text last night from the pub. Now i know there's no signal, so i usually type my texts, save to Drafts then go outside and send them all.

Almost after every word whilst typing, it kept asking me to select a network (O2 and vodaphone) which made the typing of an SMS impossible.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to stop it??

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as Steven chap.

HTC Desire- Roaming on- Network Automatic- Signed up with the orange/share - Got the message-replied.

Still, i get no signal a lot at work where Tmobile had loads. ( was with em for ages )
under networks if i look manually its only Orange thats there. ( Maybe coz my phone is Orange branded? )

That list of things that need to be done is correct right? nothing else im missing?

Upvote 0
Hi guys just a quick add here.
The network share is on a 2g/GPRS/EDGE basis only, 3g & HSDPA won't be available until after Christmas.
Automatic network selection will only change operator when there is no coverage available on your native network. If you are only getting 1 bar a manual network swap will be needed. The plan is to make the service seamless for 2g first, I.e no dropped call when the network changes. Then 3g roaming will be launched soon after.
If you have issues logging on to either network, give feedback to customer services as it will help to iron out any niggles with individual handsets.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
How do you enable sharing? My Sim is Orange but when I try and select the T-Mobile network I get a mesage to say that it isn't allowed.

I also had this issue.

I called Orange who told me that one cannot actually select TMobile maunally.

That said, it does switch over automaticially if it cant find an orange signal. When you pull down the status bar it will say Orange - Tmobile

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones