• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Orange UK APN

Dave.L

Jun 17, 2010
Hi guys
I have Villain 12, and for some unkown reason I downloaded all the OTA updates with villain updater. I didn't need them as everything was ok, but I like to be up to date. Anyway, I now cannot get online, and it says "Connection failed due to incorrect APN setting". This worked fine before all these updates, and the settings appear correct from what I can tell:

Name: Orange Internet
APN: orangeinternet
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: <not set>
MMS proxy: <not set>
MMS port: <not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 234
MNC: 33
APN type: default

Name: Orange MMS
APN: orangemms
Proxy: 192.168.224.010
Port: 8080
Username: Orange
Password: Multimedia
Server: <not set>
MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk
MMS proxy: 192.168.224.010
MMS port: 8080
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 234
MNC: 33
APN type: mms

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Dave

I had the same problem today with my HTC Desire, also on Orange: "Connection failed due to incorrect APN setting", changed 192.168.224.010 to 192.168.224.10 in the MMS Proxy setting for Orange MMS, now all working again. AFAIK I haven't updated anything today, so it's very odd.

ETA: It's possible it was a red herring, as previous poster states. The network started working again as soon as I changed the setting, but it may just have been that changing the setting forced the phone to retry connecting, perhaps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones