• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange UK Desire Data Allowance now 3GB??? [Incorrect]

HTC_Desire

Apr 2, 2010
I'm on T-Mobile with a 3GB FUP (For Android Phones only) - Girl behind me at work loves my phone but is on Orange, so has literally just rung up now to get some pricing, and Orange UK are quoting her a FUP of 3GB as well. Got her to check that because I was sensitive to the differences as part of my purchasing decision and had told her it was 500MB, but they are saying yes, Orange have a 3GB FUP on this phone. Would suggest calling them up and checking if you are on Orange, and would appreciate you letting us know.

Wouldn't surprise me as is probably a direct result of T-Mobile's increase to 3GB for Android phones, but would like to have it confirmed by someone else if possible. Good news for all you Oranges out there if true!!

UPDATE - IT'S NOT CORRECT - They have apologised to her as they advised her incorrectly - It is indeed 500MB - Sorry to get your hopes up folks.

Deal they offered her though was two phones (Her and Hubby),

Reactions: Vertigo1
I'm going to get her to call up again and check, because I think you might be right in that they have confused her phone FUP with her Mobile Broadband FUP. Just don't want her to buy something and find she didn't get what she ordered. She said that they told her the phone data allowance was 3GB and the free dongle for her laptop had a 1.5GB allowance with it, but like i said she is going to call and check again.

Cheers
Ken..............

Upvote 0
Hmm, they've messed up there then - just tried calling them but systems are down apparently so will call a bit later.

AIUI, comparing Panther 35 to Dolphin 35, I basically give up 100mins (500->400) and get some picture messages and Orange Maps (plus the above Internet limit differences) - is that it? Am I missing any other differences?

Confirmed this with Orange CS. Dolphin is 500MB "hard" limit, whilst Panther is 750MB FUP. Have switched to Panther from my next billing cycle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones