1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Orange Uk Stuff

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Garybrazier, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Garybrazier

Garybrazier Newbie

I've had my Sensation for some time now. It is an Orange UK phone. The Orange bloatware annoyed me, but I was able to live with it until recently. Now I get daily pop ups about their number back up which I do not need, and worse, if I try to look up an address in my address book, it automatically takes me to Orange maps. I cannot find a way of stopping this. Any ideas?
    Orange, get real or you lose me as a customer.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Markjones

Markjones Member

Gary
    Are these not installed Orange APPS. I have an orange phone and have never seen these sort of things on my phone.
    I did install an Orange wifi app a few months ago but it caused all sorts of problems and i removed it. Might be worthwhile looking in >settings>apps to see if these are installed apps

3. redmelons

redmelons Newbie

Select Other Map for HTC

This app will, as the name suggests, let you select which maps should be used to look up addresses. I have used it to make Google Maps the default.

Garybrazier likes this.
  4. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea Well-Known Member

If you are on Gingerbread, then uninstall all the updates to the backup prog and it should stop hassling you.

If you have upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich, go to settings -> apps and disable each bloatware app.

Set default map prog to Google Maps as above :)

HTH

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date is 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews