• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Order Shipment status from Motorola Store...

Upvote 0
You know, I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this at all, but I'd be willing to bet anyone that during the 25% off window at least somebody must have placed an order for a large number of Xooms (5, 10, 20? who knows?) with the intention of flipping them for profit on eBay. I mean how easy would it be to sell brand-new Motorola Xoom, unopened in its sealed package, completely contract-free, for $799...hell make it free shipping and throw in the free gel case, and they still come out ahead by $200 bucks per unit. There's no way someone didn't do this, and that could be a big part of the shipping delay for all we know.

Upvote 0
You know, I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this at all, but I'd be willing to bet anyone that during the 25% off window at least somebody must have placed an order for a large number of Xooms (5, 10, 20? who knows?) with the intention of flipping them for profit on eBay. I mean how easy would it be to sell brand-new Motorola Xoom, unopened in its sealed package, completely contract-free, for $799...hell make it free shipping and throw in the free gel case, and they still come out ahead by $200 bucks per unit. There's no way someone didn't do this, and that could be a big part of the shipping delay for all we know.

I had thought that as well but you'd think someone would have gotten one already, I mean someone did order first?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I had thought that as well but you'd think someone would have gotten one already, I mean someone did order first?

Well no, I mean just in general I would think that if someone had ordered a bulk amount of Xooms then it would have thrown a wrench in the whole thing. But then again, I suppose you're right, they probably still should have gotten *some* out by now. Who knows! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by joeski27
i dont think so and this is why...you dont make 200 at all

say you got the deal and you then sold on ebay for $800, by the time you add ebay fees, paypal fees your cost to ship you will clear a mere $69 give or take a few bucks. unless you already are rich its not worth it and if you are rich then you arent going to do it for the hassle either

Upvote 0
i dont think so and this is why...you dont make 200 at all

say you got the deal and you then sold on ebay for $800, by the time you add ebay fees, paypal fees your cost to ship you will clear a mere $69 give or take a few bucks. unless you already are rich its not worth it and if you are rich then you arent going to do it for the hassle either

Ah ha, good point - the dreaded eBay fees! So maybe only profitable for the guy who sells them for cash underneath his jacket outside of the train station at the shady end of town ;)

Upvote 0
So the pending charge from the Motorola store has disappeared from my online bank activity.....................

Hopefully that's just because it actually hasn't shipped yet, due to no confirmation email or tracking number, and they'll re-charge me when it actually does ship.

Still showing as shipped, etc. - everyone double check that theirs is still there, and lemme know..

Upvote 0
So the pending charge from the Motorola store has disappeared from my online bank activity.....................

Hopefully that's just because it actually hasn't shipped yet, due to no confirmation email or tracking number, and they'll re-charge me when it actually does ship.

Still showing as shipped, etc. - everyone double check that theirs is still there, and lemme know..

Yeah mine did too, that's weird.

Upvote 0

My bank removed the pending charge on Monday. If the pending ordered is not processed within 3 days then your bank will remove the hold. Apparently this is standard procedure.

Reactions: iBowToAndroid
Upvote 0
My bank removed the pending charge on Monday. If the pending ordered is not processed within 3 days then your bank will remove the hold. Apparently this is standard procedure.

Good to know... Still kinda pissed about this whole let's-display-it-as-shipped-when-it-really-hasn't-been-shipped thing..

Upvote 0
Seems like it is standard procedure for the hold to only last 3 days. Mine disappeared as well, but my Account at the Moto Store still has the purchase confirmed and "Shipped on 2/24"

But from the thread at XDA, it seems like you will get a tracking number when it really ships. So hopefully mine gets sent out today. I ordered the 2 day shipping.

EDIT: since you have your tracking number, care to share where it ships out of? I doubt it's Illinois, but if it is, that's awesome :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones