• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ordered/I've got my 2015 Moto 360 version 2!

Outatime

Android Expert
Mar 6, 2010
Well you knew this thread was coming...

I took a different course this time. I did the pre-order from Moto directly. Normally I'm a "in the store on release day" kind of guy but I figured I'd have a go at this. Might get lucky and get it early.

I got the 46mm face in silver with a black leather band. The picture looks real sharp... I hope I like it in person. My current 360 is black on black.

Did you get the smooth bezel or the roughed up one? I forget what it's called on the site..

I tried many different combinations of colors and I may just stick with all black with the "roughed up " bezel. :)

I don't see these being hard to find on launch so I'll wait it out. I'm currently very pleased with the original model (all black stainless steel) and am only getting this one because I'm a gear a holic and I have a problem saying no to new gadgets... :rolleyes:

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Yeah I feel you there! My wife just emailed me and said, "I don't know why you needed the first one... now you need to upgrade it already?" LOL.

I'm probably going to sell this one on eBay once the new one gets here.

I did not get the roughed look bezel. I didn't like it that much. I like the clean look of the original. I just hope I don't regret getting the silver. I wonder if Moto has like a 10 day return policy in case I don't like it and want to go all black.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Just got an email from Moto and thought I'd share.

The suck part is if I just would have waited I could have bought it in a BB yesterday.

Order status
Dear Outatime,
I am very sorry we're late delivering your customized Motorola device. We experienced technical difficulties with our ordering and shipping system. We are working hard to get your device to you as soon as possible, and we will send you an updated estimated shipping date as soon as we can.
I apologize for the inconvenience, and I am grateful for your patience.
Sincerely,
Bjorn Kilburn
Vice President, E-Commerce
Motorola Mobility, LLC

Upvote 0
yeah the best buys in the area i live in state the release date is tuesday, pushed back from the 25th.

typical delays, nothing major. not even seeing a lot of buzz on this version in the media (just my limited internet searches).

i REALLY want that "roughed up" bezel that only moto is able to ship but its showing as OOS--perhaps it will open up once the 29th pops up.

what was your design ?

Upvote 0
Well it seems like even though there were a few bumps with the MKII (I'm calling it that because I like it better than 2nd gen) it should be here on Friday. I have the FedEx tracking number confirming that date. So really that's only three days past what I was initially told when I ordered it. I can handle that.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with my MKI.

Upvote 0
Well it seems like even though there were a few bumps with the MKII (I'm calling it that because I like it better than 2nd gen) it should be here on Friday. I have the FedEx tracking number confirming that date. So really that's only three days past what I was initially told when I ordered it. I can handle that.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with my MKI.

I'm excited to get your first impressions. You are one of the peeps around here that seems to lean the same way I do so I value your opinion. (That said) They announced the new LG Watch Urbane today ... now anyone that has seen and followed my posts knows I am a moto fan boy but wow it really looks impressive from a distance and I may have to wait till I can compare side by side. It includes cellular connection, that's a nice add.

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
Thank you shalemail. That was very kind of you to say. I will certainly be sharing my impressions once I have it. I'm especially anxious to see how Watchmaker Pro (and others) plays with the new higher resolution screen. I also agree with marctronixx. The more the merrier. Actually I hope the next round of smart watches even blows the MKII out of the water... because that just means the MKIII will be all the better for it.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve when I'm about to get a new device. I must have really been a good boy... got the Nexus 6 on 7/31 and now a 360 MKII on 10/2.

Upvote 0
Thank you shalemail. That was very kind of you to say. I will certainly be sharing my impressions once I have it. I'm especially anxious to see how Watchmaker Pro (and others) plays with the new higher resolution screen. I also agree with marctronixx. The more the merrier. Actually I hope the next round of smart watches even blows the MKII out of the water... because that just means the MKIII will be all the better for it.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve when I'm about to get a new device. I must have really been a good boy... got the Nexus 6 on 7/31 and now a 360 MKII on 10/2.

I actually tripped over the original urbane this evening ... Honestly by accident, had never seen it in person before. Between that and the article I read that expressed how thick it is. NO THANKS. I really am a moto through and through. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm at work so I'll shoot you some better details later. I picked it up! I expected to like it but I was also expecting an incremental upgrade. It has exceeded my expectations. This is *really* nice. Where the MKI felt kind of light and maybe even a little fragile, this feels like a hefty, solid, high quality device. The smoothness of the UI is outstanding. When you sit the MKI and the MKII next to each other, the new one is bigger but on the wrist it feels fine, even with my geek wrists. The screen is beautiful. The feel of the glass has a higher quality even though I thought they were both Gorilla Glass 3.

I'll post more when I can.

Upvote 0
I'm at work so I'll shoot you some better details later. I picked it up! I expected to like it but I was also expecting an incremental upgrade. It has exceeded my expectations. This is *really* nice. Where the MKI felt kind of light and maybe even a little fragile, this feels like a hefty, solid, high quality device. The smoothness of the UI is outstanding. When you sit the MKI and the MKII next to each other, the new one is bigger but on the wrist it feels fine, even with my geek wrists. The screen is beautiful. The feel of the glass has a higher quality even though I thought they were both Gorilla Glass 3.

I'll post more when I can.

Is the new one not sapphire glass? I thought I read somewhere it was.... HMMM

Upvote 0
From the Motorola website ....

Display
Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
Backlit LCD
Mens 42mm and Womens: 1.37” (35mm), 263ppi (360 X 325)
Mens 46mm: 1.56” (40mm), 233ppi (360 X 330)

Watch case dimensions
Mens:
46mm diameter by 11.4mm high
42mm diameter by 11.4mm high

Womens:
42mm diameter by 11.4mm high

Processor
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU (APQ 8026)
Adreno 305 with 450MHz GPU

Sensors
Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Vibration/Haptics engine

Battery
Mens 42mm and Womens: 300mAh - Up to 1.5 days of mixed use with Ambient off. Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on.

Mens 46mm: 400mAh - Up to 2 days of mixed use with Ambient off. Up to a full day of mixed use with Ambient on.

Wireless charging with charging dock included

Memory
4GB internal storage + 512MB RAM

Connectivity
Bluetooth® 4.0 Low Energy
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g

Microphone
Dual digital mics

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the sapphire was on the Huawei. One of the BIG +1's for that device.

Well... I don't exactly know how to put this without sounding all nerd-fanboy so I'll just come out and say it. I'm giddy over this device. I am more excited over having this now than I was when I got the first one. It looks fantastic. It feels top quality. Here is the WatchMaker face I've been using most of the day.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50X2NRm3MbEVW1VTkltUExxLUk/view?usp=docslist_api

Please let me know if the link does not work. I deliberately designed that with power conservation in always on mode in mind.

I don't have much to add from my post from earlier today. WatchMaker is a perfect fit. The faces must scale to the appropriate resolution. I had the opportunity to use the voice activation a few times and it's MUCH more smooth than the MKI. The difference between the TI OMAP and the Snapdragon 400 is like racing a Chevy Chevette against a Mustang GT. Response is near instant. There was some discussion about the external lugs adding to the Bluetooth range. I did not notice any difference between the MKI and the MKII. If I left my phone at my desk and walked away, I lost signal at about the same time. The increase in the DPI is noticeable but honestly I would have liked just a little bit more. So far it's the only thing of which I can be critical. Even the physical button seems like it's a higher quality than the MKI.

This is an exceptional watch and a worthy upgrade to the original.

Something I found rather curious, you can have multiple watches synced with your phone. When I first turned it on and it did the obligatory software patch to LLA44S I had both the MKI and the MKII running and updating at the same time. I disabled the MKI (which was oddly sad to me... I know, I'm weird) because I presume that having both active was a drain on my phone.

If you have any questions, picture requests, tests or observations you'd like me to make if you're on the fence, please ask and I'd be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

Ok, pics.

JFZbwKRBwEABOdlZ-xyhaklFtlQGoPe6plGI2Q0pXWfVSIk29CwLWP-Y2SQGiW_IwsfnMLqCYAkLrfyYn75eTtiH97qmhmejo6lKkFJ2KtjmF-w4RqeWrQ5xllvEe6r34ust7Smsk6t_JmzOkay-nAOdKD5Ys6s9IFs212feu4hD-ElfvCdtMV28TI67XLN7_5VpS21erfSuGSB-0eFvhiSJ1WTg0ppVbPglG3mT_z9f22PxipA4la4K57D280-89ReunTf3GqoHkvFFxtNenVCcZP02xgq3Ptf75Qz9WrGRnxCzAS_h-ARMwGXPqg7-q9MJ1vab-Kjk8xGWgW-15IA5EVbjIXjqkVn_stR6Hv1w4vBLv_6PP-HxvJbzRre-BZeKIMvJ68PesdbOT3HnrMC5zctZXffHIvtEWtPYaWb9YR2fpolvKtFfM3UMo2H7bvKIymSdSf_SwCJErRFRYChnA0GELi3q5mt21eAOsqua6oFcBnpQ4aRXtR2GiJg_B-RugopGgdT108KoooqHhd1yPp7hZKbMK543jOUCBwAp=w636-h847-no

l29bHDv-8TbR2v4hZfFWVyQNy21uZo0j2MYSKchKenzuX_oq74xyzKTu_igM4KEfMFtVfUVZtdfIJcOrOiz0SpPRCY5QVU4kEGdYrJZDcvEUSnV7AlwFEyo1bDaOCeJuIvvsE0fLvYLs_jCSklI3lEKhzOgqD3euL_blHy2m16VfszhDpdfVPK7KuRVEONbbjeXLDaZRVed8ZqZklzqzdVCGlJQZXtQB7E3hAK8or9LdCdhTB5L2D7DvAkXvtfPRKESBtVpGsavYBb8Sg0HIc8_URFfQECiuxQbZuPz2Zohp3foZ_5ogauaHGiyDksz80Q8Y4MMNW0OSM_BYCisnFsHH4cTvCecGIg5-qs8eM3il0XbMVI13fo-l2mHxYMSXheui7o8II5va36gNcztQEKQb_LgsWHgjk1DvAzZ9gUmcfRfz1NjvWpW3o3Jakv6ukYneNHBok4pwieocFo8dRAoJMQgamzPnDEDL0xaPVxu7szbFfWxlpZQXSIjjCqZfHtyD_Yc70zqkbXS7sFk_csExBPpYBpyg_tmm6srFaQ3s=w636-h847-no

This is the stock "minimal" in dim mode.
_0p2VP9vn5kGNHTwS4BFbrtIuWypeUQBECo59rgRf1eBBHISsrh6-CYtjNZagK-aVvIduR3JUzFF9Yc-2bDfoPRt7h3ySrPxmQ-4gxEoBKYDRN4QS_6ZRQyqEoKdwPuqn8XN_gGSjYqd9t2hf8E5f0PMnmTZp0B4mN3rfBYC5Nxor4UJo6I54E80ZSFDQFbBQDFsIgDvD6CDgdrgUImbVhAEtoET7G-z04SwFojgoVSAuvrtTwvBxih8uVZplSiuO70tYBC-DbcghaEoQt_AHoML-41R9Hmgrg4f5kUqoo90tAdaKBXmYrscE6rFCKNR-55H25ObGE3R2geQqrnwnjDRWElx61iEQBnnJehkTnSucDp3CnIbZ2lYviurk7y1n4eCET3rxpHsNqQ-4F5mKgehWpcbv35ggaUNWlPFshX17Nun2guRyLa8XFRuIQv30WQo16nqqHkSi-7S913WTFmHv6U6qtxUj9wd0txEnLNwwe8445FEx99YEc77IJQKFXbSyBdKW-sfiOOVlVqXpAiB4NUHrchtQsvTpWMXrnbX=w636-h847-no

This is the watch face I posted above in both bright and dim modes:
UmplhGgjvj8Vhh4fUHji9dB0ZJtD5TdGs8YKq0e7GVF-JutlfvNE_AZXtmImQT-SdyODWAkB4jI2-sn62ZDKm4h4wtZKXFuanEiOkkwK7F1_-0E0O4GfFgUNgeGk6l13z4o4z5S5i3E6hV_l-OxNIhq25Qyitzwpc67WwI215LYmM_2Yv6LhU-Vgl-07zHJadCApGIdNI2pajXVYEaZf7anWgTDz6sV5ANbFrM1wIbUImQl_DTKjrbfpOCBLgL6-42NVUXOhA2srMpMUUPhaleROujUI9gqKAONZMhieP8iPnWUUT_VfayWVZbx-NyojdYt_3fpJIF6D9T1c0gucVx28K3qaL0mUMkpVJadlcycGWlFxF4vBuRbeByygn6AahNVVodyiZQP96MkFLimOQjEigAEUpqtgytjirjSBUUT2Z6q-kMtJ3mSQVGPPO_wyBdELJjepC5F5nWqgS8RfREh3uD8o8v0X7MENFIclKqx1U5mh4hEir5-l7MvYURWusnVnGfWIIJgoW_vJBRO9pUWJfdCKR1hBPvm_pQKvoSvn=w636-h847-no

QaSKe0O6SkVdQUZ-Cun5b_D6S8U9Hak27z7G6fg3Q_r4u1PgR4KBDbNikEustRv3suhjemQ1q9EE-tRQlTobkRu9DPggy0Qt845t963Y21MC9dsKYMW7pBK99T29J_1QBw2Zf5hmNcCbGidLf7hP1tlAJEdPR9KMv_x0ZUovaQfvXgMPJ94XhONfweBhXdBjmunhjrmIvyyOWARmgJiiQVYl8pAWdaY-nzbzezyK7rc28016LMYTrs2bI5ia4rjoPbIXuKjCOuf4rD7X5DrNFjJbx2cq_mlIKCZPRfTMr6MLYU364oRRH5b-2n8onNutzejLWO7Yw5e_x0atD6_zYm3mcUBdzsKmmxCC6czet41K8D5UwYks3AS5PuzO82A_Gj0iMrJPwsTJGGbAS9bBun5K2lpBtffe7cF9WEtkYdX_RtlUKlFQXwfBZvGgOTre7lHj9hwDHlFPPnfDgsrIPP1OQa5B7MbsJQY9QmUDUWrhBQT4mBzqQ-S5kfNVB4AHovGlXL4TFMx6wKhITOWY3LxmcUH3_-KTdbDjKRXXnSO2=w636-h847-no

P.S. Avengers: Age of Ultron was a big disappointment.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones