1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Ordered My Maxx Today!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steveo42, Feb 25, 2012.

1. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 22, 2012
    The local Verizon store had them in stock but I could only get the $100.00 additional discount on line. Oh well. Ordered it and can't wait to try it. I got the 4GB/Month data plan for same price as the 2GB/Month under the current promotion. If I don't like it I'll return it and get something else.

Advertisement

syntrix likes this.
  2. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    4GB is actually a lot of data! You won't be doing netflix every day, but still!

Congrats, and if you are coming from another android device, my suggestion is to sync everything at home or work over wifi... otherwise you might chew up a lot of data.

Congrats and welcome to the club of awesomeness! :D

3. Luckster

Luckster Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Sales Associate
    I ordered yesterday and mine should be here in one day because my verizon shop is out of them. Im coming from a Rooted Droid X with Unlimited Data. Now ill be on Stock Razr Maxx with UNLIMITED Data until some easy root methods and nice roms start popping up. Im Excited to get it. UGH taking too long lol....

4. steveo42

None

Feb 22, 2012
    I'm coming from a basic phone so this is new for me. Missed the unlimited data plan but I have WiFi all over the place where I live so I should be fine. It's mostly for use as a phone, checking corporate email and stuff like that so I shouldn't eat too much data. At least I hope not :) I also have a corporate issued MiFI 4G with unlimited data so I can use that if I want.

5. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    They sell out so darn fast locally, online is the only way to go. I'd almost say this is an epic hit for moto, probably better than ibutter.

6. steveo42

None

Feb 22, 2012
    Yea, the guy in the store was telling me that. He says it's a major hit for Moto and Verizon wasn't ready for it. We had a nice chat about iPhone vs Razr and he was pretty neutral about both giving me the ups and downs from his experience.
    The bigger screen, battery life and not being tied to Apple in the sky that won me over. The iPhone is a great device but I like to be different so the Razr was the ticket. I'm sure I'll be customizing it in short order.
    I ordered an Otter Box Commuter for it over the net.

What's the procedure to "condition" the battery? A pointer to thread would be great!:)

Found it: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr-maxx/503630-what-do-first-drain-charge-battery.html