• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lens pirate

Jun 29, 2011
Guys just ordered the window mount from the Mountguys.com. I also got the 6 inch ext arm. This should let me mount it very low on the windshield and far enough out to touch it with out shifting my seated position.

Pics to follow once I have it then a review. I loves me some 10 inch GPS

I couldnt get mine to preload maps to use on the road. Is there a trick to get it, google maps, to load more than the local area? Would like to preload most of GA or at least the Atlanta area to try it out sometime. Not sure I'm going to spring for the Sprint hotspot from my phone, supposedly some good apps to get around paying but havent looked around and cant get it to connect with the bluetooth trick (samsung transform)

Upvote 0
I couldnt get mine to preload maps to use on the road. Is there a trick to get it, google maps, to load more than the local area? Would like to preload most of GA or at least the Atlanta area to try it out sometime. Not sure I'm going to spring for the Sprint hotspot from my phone, supposedly some good apps to get around paying but havent looked around and cant get it to connect with the bluetooth trick (samsung transform)

Don't know I use blue tooth tether with droid x

Upvote 0
The ram mount arrived. Took about 10 mins to put it together. Took it out for a drive. Learned a few things and did a small re-adjustment of mount attachment feet.

Result is a very secure mount. Very well made. Makes Navigation on the SGT 10.1 Very effective. Cool for watching video when the car is stationary.

Recomended. 8 out of 10. Mounting plate is bulky and ugly so its not a perfect 10

Upvote 0
If you're concerned about it, you can get a floor mount like this one, connects to the bolt for the rail that connects to the floor: Arkon Universal Car Mount for Tablets

TAB-FSM-InCard-Edit.jpg

The also have a windshield mount: Arkon Universal Car Mount for Tablets

TAB-CM117-InCar-Xoom-Edit.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones