• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ordering online question???

Smudgie

Apr 5, 2010
Hello,

I am going to my local VZ store to check out the Incredible and hopefully get one. I may however just order online so that I can take advantage of the $30 credit. My questions are this:

1. I plan on also ordering a Droid for my wife. If I order both online for $199 (minus discount) and there happens to be a promotion within 30 days like a BOGO or the droid drops in price can I still get a credit of the price difference?

2. If I order online can I still bring in the phone to my VZ store and have them transfer over the phone book from my old phones to the new phones free of charge?

Thanks

1) Yes, the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee has a price match guarantee that if the price drops or a promotion incurs you can take advantage of it. But this has to be within 30 days.

2) Yes, as long as its an upgrade or warranty replacement you can have your phonebook transfered. If its a Customer Owned equipment activation than you would have to pay. However, in most cases (Depending on phone model you had prior) you'll have to do it yourself. There are some cases where the cellbrite will jack up your contacts. (Ie. Blackberry or WinMo to Android).

Upvote 0
1) Yes, the 30 day Worry Free Guarantee has a price match guarantee that if the price drops or a promotion incurs you can take advantage of it. But this has to be within 30 days.

2) Yes, as long as its an upgrade or warranty replacement you can have your phonebook transfered. If its a Customer Owned equipment activation than you would have to pay. However, in most cases (Depending on phone model you had prior) you'll have to do it yourself. There are some cases where the cellbrite will jack up your contacts. (Ie. Blackberry or WinMo to Android).

Thanks....I am going from a Palm Treo 755p to the Incredible. Is it likely that VZ will be able to transfer my contacts from the Treo to the Incredible? Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks....I am going from a Palm Treo 755p to the Incredible. Is it likely that VZ will be able to transfer my contacts from the Treo to the Incredible? Thanks

Can Backup Assistant be used on the Treo? If so, I'd just load tht onto your Treo, and run it, so that it stores all your contacts on the Verizon Server, then run it again on your Incredible.

I've been using this with all my phone changes. It also gives me peace of mind if I ever lose the phone, or it's damaged, that I have not lost all my contacts.

Upvote 0
Can Backup Assistant be used on the Treo? If so, I'd just load tht onto your Treo, and run it, so that it stores all your contacts on the Verizon Server, then run it again on your Incredible.

I've been using this with all my phone changes. It also gives me peace of mind if I ever lose the phone, or it's damaged, that I have not lost all my contacts.

Backup assistant does not work on the Treo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones