1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Oreo issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bigmaxxie, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Bigmaxxie

Bigmaxxie Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2017
    I updated to Oreo this morning. It won't let me flip through recently used pages like before I updated. I would push the square button on the right and I could flip through them. now the square button is practically useless. I tape the button and it does nothing. Only when I hold it will it let me use split screen. But I don't want split screen I want to be able to flip through pages. That was super useful Because I use my phone for work often. Flipping back and forth from PDF files and email. Now that I can't do it I have to go home and open the app which is way more work and super frustrating. Anyone else have this issue? Even Google support couldn't tell me if that was eliminated in the update.

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    What you describe is certainly abnormal behavior; I can assure you that the Overview function has not been removed from Android 8.0. It's possible that an app (or corrupted app data) is interfering somehow. To help rule this out, you can try rebooting your phone into Safe Mode. This will temporarily disable all apps except those core Google apps that were preinstalled on the phone.

See if you can switch between those apps while booted into Safe Mode; if so, you've got an app problem - if not, we'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Brian706 likes this.
  3. agpthng

agpthng Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Female
    I can still do that after the update.