1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Organizing my music folder help please

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Shoupie080, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Shoupie080

Shoupie080 Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    I'm new to Android and i'm having trouble organizing my music folder. For example I have over 100 eminem songs that came from various places. When I open the my music icon on my phone eminem is listed in 20 different places under artists. What i'd like to do is have all his songs under 1 "Eminem" artist instead of unknown artist, eminem ft ...., eminem & xxx ft, etc.

I've synced my phone to computer as an extra hard drive prefixed all songs with the artists name but when i open my music on my phone again its all unorganized.

Is there a way to have hundreds of songs by one artist simply under 1 artists name instead of numerous?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    The problem is likely with your tags/titles...edit those

3. Shoupie080

Shoupie080 Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    I pulled all of the songs off my phone and renamed them all but when i put them back on they are still unorganized....any ideas?

thanks in advance

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    No, that's the filename. That has nothing to do with the way music players see your files. You need to edit the id3 tags. Since you have downloaded them from the internet, likely every single one is completely wrong. Download a tag editor for your computer, I use TagScanner. You will have to go through the songs one by one and change the artist to Emenim.

5. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    I like Mp3Tag myself. It has the option of making the tags from the filename if that would work. Otherwise you have to do them one by one as mentioned earlier.