1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Original Icon Retrieval

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drcarl, Feb 5, 2011.

1. drcarl

drcarl Newbie

Greetings,

I'm a Noob to DX - was initiated on BB Storm I.

Of course I want to customize my home screen(s) but before I do that I want to know how to retrieve whatever I might drag to the garbage pail.

I have figured out that most of the little icons are easy to get back and move around.

How do I do the same for the two giant 3-space-occupying (one's purple and one's blue) icons that currently say "add a social network" ?

And the...

--Date icon on the 3rd screen
    --Mail icon on the 3rd screen
    --small blue contact icons on the 5th screen
    --3 space music play on the 5th screen
    --6-space? media player on the 6th screen
    --two big news (RSS?) and Tips icons on the last screen

TIA

drcarl

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Android Enthusiast

Those "icons" are actually widgets. You can add them to your home screen by either plressing the menu hard key, then toucking the "add" button then "widgets" or you can just long press the touch screen and select "widgets." But before you start adding stuff all ove your homescreens, I highly suggest that you download LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher from the market.

drcarl likes this.
  3. drcarl

drcarl Newbie

Rock - thank you. This does seem to be a pretty amazing machine. I just learned the difference between a long and short push on the power button!

Thank you for your advice. I now have a handle on ALL icons except the "Tips and Tricks" one on the last page.

I've done some housekeeping and things are looking better. I dare not trash that last one until I know where to find it again. God knows I need all the tips and tricks I can get! lol

I still have to learn how to do music files properly (another post)...and so much more.

Too bad about the bloatware.

PS - ADW is installing as I type - thanx

Thanks again

drcarl

4. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

For music files, try PowerAMP. Try the trial version to see if u like it. Its the best music player I've found.

drcarl likes this.
  5. drcarl

drcarl Newbie

thanx, old...

and rock, thanks again...have made it partway through ADW's learning curve. (I wonder where the themes are stored on my Droid so I can get rid of the ones I don't want - another post I guess...)

Be well,

drcarl

6. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Android Enthusiast

By that do you want to delete the themes or apply them?

drcarl likes this.
  7. drcarl

drcarl Newbie

I d/l'd 5 ADW themes and might use one....and want to clear out any clutter left by the other four...looked in the downloads folder with File Manager only to be greeted y icons I have not yet learned the mean of, and a bunch of folder which don't seem to be related to ADW themes or have the theme name...

thanks for your thoughts

8. drcarl

drcarl Newbie

I found out how to discard the ADW Themes: DX's Settings, Applications, Manage Apps - then when I find the theme in the list I delete it. Done.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews