1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root os crashed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by savio_mascarenha, Aug 3, 2013.

1. savio_mascarenha

None

Aug 3, 2013
    my huawei idoes x5 has crashed when i trying to install clockworkmod recovery while replacing the boot.img file im on gingerbread but the froyo sign come android any android os to reinstall or can i install cynogen mod directly or jelly bean or honey comb any os please help me fasttttt:thinking:

Advertisement

2. nu2andy

nu2andy Android Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Porirua. New Zealand
    [FONT=&quot]Hi savio, Did you follow instructions like the following when you tried to install CWM?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is done after you Root the phone and before Flashing a ROM.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How to Install ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 :[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Step 1 :[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Step 2 :[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Now, connect your device to the computer by using a proper data cable.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Step 3 :[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Copy downloaded recovery package on your phones external memory. Do not extract any files.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Step 4 :[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Now, turn off your device and boot into fastboot mode.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Step 5 :[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Go to: Settings > Applications > Untick Fast Boot[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Step 6 :[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Step 7 :[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Now, mount /.cust_backup as rw and then copy and replaced the above downloaded recovery files which should have a name like recovery.img to /.cust_backup/image/recovery.img.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Step 8 :[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]ClockWorkMod Recovery successfully installed on your device. You are allowed to install any custom ROM to this device by now.[/FONT]
    Note: The hyperlinks probably won't work. Neil.