• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OS due for an upgrade

If it's Touchwiz you're after, then it's got to be a Samsung ROM and you must have a Samsung phone of course.
Try here...
https://www.needrom.com/category/samsung/

I said samsung experience-like, not the official rom. Yes, I found the rom's I were looking for. I was just looking. I don't need Customroms'., but now i need lolipop for some of apps.

Actually, I'm more of a search in for a rom for my gt-p3110,

Upvote 0
I said samsung experience-like, not the official rom. Yes, I found the rom's I were looking for. I was just looking. I don't need Customroms'., but now i need lolipop for some of apps.
Well I don't know ROMs for this device, but by definition your choice is official or custom, because anything that isn't official is a custom ROM.

So if you want TouchWiz in a newer version than is officially available the only chance is if someone has ported a later Samsung OS from another device back to this one. I'd check your device's ROM development forum at XDA to see whether anyone has done this.

Any other Lollipop ROMs for the device will ultimately be AOSP. Sure, many will be AOSP plus extras, so you may find one that works for you - it really depends on what it is about TouchWiz that you like. But as TouchWiz is closed-source people won't be able to port its features into other ROMs, just make mods or ports of Samsung ROMs.

Upvote 0
Stock android should really just get a better design
Well you are thinking of android 4.4 or 5 in this thread. I'm running stockish 8.1, and I can tell you that the design has changed. Mind you, Samsung 7 and 8 are very different from their 4.4 and 5 as well. And I remember some members here hating the changes Samsung made with Android 5 (which I thought of as modest improvements from Samsung 4.4 on my tablet).

Anyway, "better" is subjective. You like the TouchWiz design of 2014 or so, but many people hated it. So what is "better"?

Upvote 0
TouchWiz being Samsung's proprietary interface/launcher you won't find third-party ROMs using it as it's licensed and not even available to indy developers. At best you might find 'close enough' solutions.
Also, your Tab is rooted isn't it? Flashing stock Samsung ROMs don't require rooting but you do need a custom Recovery and root to flash any custom ROMs.

Upvote 0
Well you are thinking of android 4.4 or 5 in this thread. I'm running stockish 8.1, and I can tell you that the design has changed. Mind you, Samsung 7 and 8 are very different from their 4.4 and 5 as well. And I remember some members here hating the changes Samsung made with Android 5 (which I thought of as modest improvements from Samsung 4.4 on my tablet).

Anyway, "better" is subjective. You like the TouchWiz design of 2014 or so, but many people hated it. So what is "better"?

2016/2017. Well I mean I like the marshmallow/nougat samsung design. As for Android o, for me it's still in beta stages.

I was not talking of nougat since it's not available. M tab is from 2012. I don't think it run Nougat. i'm still kind of left with the mindset; oh android n developer preview is out. From when I started browsing these forums in early 2016. In my opinion the galaxy s9 is for beta testers. Also let's start calling it ''Samsung Experience''.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Should be like windows. Relased every two/three years. Oh well windows as a service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones